Adjacent hobbies > Collecting banknotes

A thread for sharing images of polymer banknotes in your collection

(1/4) > >>

Rabi_R:
I did not find any dedicated thread for sharing polymer banknote images. So i thought it may not be a bad idea to start one. I like looking at images of colourful and intricately designed banknotes and i believe there are many more people like me. This thread, i believe , will be a fun place for that group of people.

I shall start with a few of mine -

Description

Front: At right, Ignacio Carrera Pinto (1848-1882) a Chilean hero of the War of the Pacific. At center, the copihue , the national flower of Chile. At lower left, Ant˙, the most powerful of the Pillan spirits in the Mapuche mythology. Ant˙ represents the sun and fertility.
Back: Torres del Paine National Park is a national park encompassing mountains, a glacier, a lake, and river-rich areas in southern Chilean Patagonia. The Cordillera del Paine is the centerpiece of the park. At lower center, two alpacas, a domesticated species of South American camelid.
Size: 120 x 70 mm
Printer: Note Printing Australia
Substrate: Guardian«
Quantity: On issue
Type: Circulating (on issue)

Rabi_R:

Description

Front: Braulio Carrillo Colina (1800-1845), the head of state from 1835 to 1842. Back: Guanacaste or Elephant Ear Tree, the national tree. The White-tailed Deer or Venado Cola Blanca, a national animal. The Costa Rica Pitahaya, a cactus species, whose fruit is commonly known as dragon fruit.
Size: 125 x 67 mm
Printer: Francois-Charles Oberthur Fiduciaire (France)
Quantity: 40,000,000

Rabi_R:

Description

Front: General Murtala Ramat Muhammed (1938-1976), an army general, head of state and Nigeria's national hero. The Central Bank of Nigeria's logo at upper right and in the clear window.
Back: Dr Ladi Kwali (c. 1925-1983), Nigeria's best known potter. A map of Nigeria at upper left. The coat of arms of Nigeria at lower right.
Size: 130 x 72 mm
Printer: The Nigerian Security Printing and Minting Company , Giesecke & Devrient (Germany)
Quantity: On issue

Rabi_R:

Description

Front: At left, the coat of arms of Honduras. At right, Dionisio de Herrera (1781-1850), the first head of state of Honduras from 1824 to 1827 and head of state of Nicaragua from 1830 to 1833.
Back: The presidential residence of Honduras from 1922 to 1992.
Issue Year: 2010
Size: 156 x 67 mm
Printer: Canadian Bank Note Company
Quantity: 60,000,000
Type: Circulating (obsolete)

Rabi_R:

Description

Front: Portrait of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman; National Mosque;
Back: National Parliament Building and the National Monument;
Watermark: Head of a Royal Bengal Tiger;
See-through window: National flower Shapla;
Date of Issue: 14 December 2000.
Size: 130 x 60 mm
Printer: Note Printing Australia Limited (NPA)
Quantity: 50,000,000
Type: Circulating (obsolete)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version