Author Topic: Discussion: 1997 Proof Set - Inter Parliamentary Union Conference, Men and Women Partnership  (Read 2685 times)

Offline flaviunumisalba

Hi. I have bought a large of coins and i have found an similar indian  mint set between, can be true this high prices? I colect only Roamanian and Austro-Hungarian coins, and is for sale or swap and i m concerned about the price, is too high in my opinion.

Offline flaviunumisalba

photo

Offline flaviunumisalba

photo

Offline flaviunumisalba

These two badges is part of same lot

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
The Inter-Parliamentery Union is an international organisation. The conference "TOWARDS PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN IN POLITICS" was held in New Delhi in 1997 with a participation of delegates from 78 countries. The numbers say that there were roughly as many men as women participating, so it is quite possible that member-countries were requested to have as many men as women in their delegations.

It is likely that there was a delegation from Romania, so at least one set ended in the country and it is now yours. The mintage of the sets is likely to be between 78 (one set per delegation) and 240 (one set per delegation member). That is an extremely low mintage, while numismatics is of growing importance in India. The prices look perhaps not rational, but perfectly understandable.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline flaviunumisalba

I have bought the lot from Switzerlad. And i have received now (30 minutes a go) an answer from Spink: The expert said ,, I could safely say it would sell for in excess of 5000 GBP"........... ,, We would be happy to market it for you at our next suitable auction". So in this case i have the confirmation about his high price. The coin set will be put in auction at Spink and the result will be posted here for reference for interested members.
 Best regards! And thanks for accept me als member!

Offline Abhay

• Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
Dear flaviunumisalba,

Congratulations on your possession of one of the rarest set of India.

This is indeed a very fare set, and hardly seen for sale here in India.

I am quite hopeful that this will indeed hammer for much higher than GBP 5000.

So, now this is the 5th set that has come to light.

CONGRATULATIONS, and do post the final hammer price here.

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY