Author Topic: Haiti L'an 27 - 1830 2 centimes - sharing find and inviting grading opinions  (Read 185 times)

Offline CameronK

I've been on a quest for older Haiti coins, as they seem to be difficult to find in any kind of decent condition. Given the country's history, I suppose many of the base metal coins were melted down for re-use.

I recently found this great looking piece, which I'm calling VF. There's some weakness in the right wreath on the reverse, and on the body of the Fasces on the obverse, which stops me from calling it an XF, unless it's just a weak strike or something like that.

For background, many members commented on an earlier Haiti post and provided me with valuable information:

http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,37239.msg234753.html#msg234753

Thanks in advance for the opinions!

Offline Prosit

• Honorary Member
I would say VF is a pretty good assessment.
Nice coin!
Dale

Offline FosseWay

• Honorary Member
  • Göteborg, Sverige
Being a token collector as well as a coin collector, I tend to be fairly lackadaisical in my grading, preferring to use a scale of "Nice", "OK" and "grotty" (substitute whatever derogatory word you wish for "grotty"  ;) ). This definitely counts as Nice  :). I have one that definitely falls into the Grotty category.

Offline CameronK

Thank you Prosit. and FosseWay, I think the equivalent to grotty might be 'scuzzy'!! Thanks all for the review & comments.