Sultans of Dehli, Islam Shah, Shergarh Qanauj paisa unlisted in G/G

Started by Rajagopal, August 08, 2018, 02:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rajagopal

The following coin is unlisted in G/G.. It weighs 20.9 grams and has a strange shape ..The reading of the obverse would be 'abul muzaffar/ islam shah/ (bin) sher shah sultan garh/ qanauj/ sher urf" (subject to correction from senior collectors) and the reverse has the usual legends...However, G/G mentions a half paisa of the same type (D 1043)..Kindly comment.Thanks...Rajagopal

Figleaf

Not quite sure what your question is, Rajagopal. I suspect it may be "is 20.9 grams an acceptable weight for a half paisa". It seems pretty heavy to me.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Rajagopal

Its definitely an unlisted paisa.... However,  only a half paisa of same type is listed in G/G..... Sorry if my previous message created some confusion

capnbirdseye

it's an unlisted Paisa of type G1043 for sure,  also oddly shaped as most Suri paisas are reasonably round
Vic

Rajagopal

Got another dated specimen of the same type AH 956, weighs 20.7 grams..However, the arrangement of letters on reverse is slightly different from the first coin