Author Topic: Dutch coffee machine tokens - please help complete the picture collection  (Read 8638 times)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Both well-known companies of my younger days. SH is of course Stork Hengelo. The coffee tokens section grows well, even as I am getting closer to the end of the capacity of malj1 and myself to provide pictures.

Please help us find pictures!

Describing the issuers has become a mini-study in the Dutch economy. I find it fascinating. Do you remember Fokker (no, not the film, the company ;)) but forgot where it came from or where it went? Read all about it here. Are you Dutch and do you wonder why you don't see the once ubiquitous Van Gend en Loos trucks in traffic any more? Check out what they are called today and why here. What unites these companies? Coffee machines!

@malj1 if your picture is better than mine, by all means replace it.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline jezuss

maas in reverse.
20mm brass

Offline jezuss

maas internationaal

Offline jezuss

maas with star-shaped hole

Offline jezuss

zinc plated brass

Offline jezuss

maas 22.5 mm copper-nickel

Offline jezuss

maas 20 mm nickel plated brass

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Pretty pictures! Thank you. Very helpful additions, not only on what we have, but also on the Kooij book. Now this project is paying off. This made my day and reignited my motivation.
:rock:

The inverted Maas token blows my mind. See the discussion on FAEMA upthread. However, I am sure Maas used a Dutch token producer and pretty sure FAEMA didn't. How could this have happened?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline jezuss

i think the design has been made with a cad program.
they flipped the upper text, instead of rotate.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Interesting theory. It requires that nobody noticed the problem on any of the intermediate dies and on the finished product. Maybe the producers take short cuts for short runs?

Peter

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
Mistakes like this do happen and this has given me an idea for a new topic Errors on tokens of which I do have a few of these such as one with a retrograde N.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 09:15:16 AM by malj1 »
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
The Maas page is updated. Magnificent, with two types and a variety not in Kooij. Have a look here. Thanks again malj1 and jezuss!

Peter

Offline jezuss

faema 22 mm nickel plated iron

Offline jezuss

faema 22 mm nickel plated iron

Offline jezuss

faema 24.1mm brass