Author Topic: 2E Proof are sold in fine capsules - please help me identify it (eurocase)  (Read 3251 times)

Offline Tom0000

I have bought this year many 2E EMU in proof version. The coins from Ireland, Dutch, Slovenia and Luxembourg are packed in very fine capsules. It is not 26mm capsule but 25.75mm.

There is a picture of this capsule.

I have sent mails to mints with question about capsules but without sense answer.
Maybe someone here will be able to identify the manufacturer of this capsule or will know the place where the capsules are in stock.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 02:59:27 PM by Tom0000 »

BC Numismatics

2E Proof are sold in fine capsules - please help me identify it.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 02:17:32 AM »
Welcome aboard!

You could try looking here; http://www.brent-kreuger.com .

Aidan.

Offline Tom0000

Re: 2E Proof are sold in fine capsules - please help me identify it
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 09:17:43 PM »
I have not found any capsule on this page.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 09:29:57 PM »
I have asked around for you, Tom, but I don't think anyone here knows the answer. If you are worried about the leeway of the coin in the capsule, you could try filling the space with sewing thread, using a pin or a needle to push it in the space between the coin and the capsule. Be careful to use artificial fibre only, since natural fibre may contain fats that may affect proof coins. Be careful also not to scratch the coin with the pin.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline a3v1

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 09:49:12 AM »
Tom.
Is a leeway of a quarter of a millimeter really all that important?
Regards,
a3v1
Over half a century of experience as a coin collector.
-------------
Money is like body fat: If there's too much of it, it always is in the wrong places.

Offline Tom0000

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 12:42:08 PM »
The capsule from picture is the beautiest capsule I have ever seen. The quality of manufacturing, the measurement ...
I have many German 2e proof in folders and I want to find this capsule in shop for move all my proof 2e to this capsules.
If the capsules will not be too much expensive, I will buy more for all my 2 euro coins.

I am using the capsules manufactured in my country by Kolekcjoner. The are similar , but not 25.75-25.80mm but 26mm and the quality of rant is not the same good. This one is clear transparent. But are cheap ~12 cents for one.
I have moved my Finnland and Belgium PP coins to used by me capsules because original schaubek capsules used by both countries are the worst product on the market. Good to remember this name "schaubek"  for omit all products with this name.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 12:49:08 PM by Tom0000 »

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 01:31:27 PM »
I have not found any capsule on this page.

Guess he meant Brent-Krueger. http://www.brent-krueger.com/

Christian

Offline Tom0000

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 08:11:13 PM »
Guess he meant Brent-Krueger. http://www.brent-krueger.com/

Christian

It is not helping me. Could you write direct link capsule we are talking about on this page ? or any other capsule on this page ?

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 08:22:54 PM »
Sure, they are listed in the "Coin Holders" section of that site. See here http://www.brent-krueger.com/airtite.html for example. Please note, however, that I did not make that recommendation (don't think the dealer sells that 25.75 mm size) but merely "fixed" the link ...

Christian

Offline Tom0000

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 11:09:01 PM »
airtite
?

I do not think so. Our capsule is from local european manufacturer I think.

Edit

It can be http://www.eurocase.net/ , but I do not have the confirmation.

Edit

I have a confirmation and I have ordered capsules. When I will  receive it, I will write more info.

Edit

I have received the capsules. This is it I have looked for. Very good quailty. The only minus, the min order is 500 capsules. The price 23c.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2009, 02:01:44 PM by Tom0000 »

Offline bruce61813

• Meritorious Member
    • Gringgotts Coins
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 02:17:18 AM »
I would think they are the Airtite types. There is a manufacturer in Europe that makes something similar, I think it is a German company, and may be the one already mentioned. The Airtites come in two types, the Direct Fit, and the other type that has a foam spacer ring that allows on shell to go through a range of sizes. You might check e-Bay also if you don't wan to buy 500. I use them and really like them. They are a clear polycarbonate so they are easy to see through, they are fairly easy to open and a standard size. I am designing a coin cabinet to hold these.

Bruce

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
2E Proof are sold in fine capsules - please help me identify it
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 06:07:48 PM »
Found some similar capsules for sale here..

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline bruce61813

• Meritorious Member
    • Gringgotts Coins
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 07:23:22 PM »
These appear to be the same, except that they are the 'size to fit' type and fit the coins directly. I use the other type , one main holder with foam inserts to adapt to the coin size. But either way, I do like them and have used both types.

Bruce

Offline Tom0000

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 01:41:28 PM »
I have all my 2E coins in new eurocase capsules :)

I am thinking about a buy eurocase capsules for KMSes. It means 8 capsules for each coin 1c-2e for one KMS.
The problem is in order of capsules. I need max ror 100 KMSes - it is 800 capsules but eurocase will send me only if I will order 8x 500 capsules (500 of each type).
It will be very helpful if someone will be able to find an internet shop where the buy of smaller number will be possible.