Author Topic: Islam Shah Paisa probably unlisted  (Read 61 times)

Offline Rajagopal

Islam Shah Paisa probably unlisted
« on: July 11, 2018, 02:19:58 PM »
G/G while describing a half paisa of islam shah minted at Chunar (G/G D 996) mentions that a "a paisa of this type probably exists"..I think this would be that paisa with a weight of 20.7 grams..unfortunately this specimen does not show the date and mint is off flan (even in G/G specimen ,its off flan)..This differs from D 995 in having no "shah " between abul muzaffar and Islam (my coin probably has shah above islam and to the right of abul muzaffar)..This coin is also stylistically different from D 1072 which also has the 'al sultan al adil 'expression..Need confirmation from experts...Thanks...Rajagopal

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Islam Shah Paisa probably unlisted
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2018, 09:57:14 AM »
This looks like a double interest coin. A coin presumed to exist, now proven to exist, even though you are inviting others to comment. That's a great find by itself of the sort we all enjoy. Congratulations.

The same coin is also a fine specimen of a historic document from Indian history. Mostly evenly struck, with bold, clear lettering and a pleasant patina. It is not just important to turn the coin into a piece of history, it is also of value as proof that Indians of all backgrounds have a common history that binds them.

I am hoping for more comments in this thread.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Rajagopal

Re: Islam Shah Paisa probably unlisted
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 01:19:31 PM »
Thanks for your constant support and direction,Peter. Your kind words mean a lot to me.