Author Topic: More Asian tokens  (Read 767 times)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
More Asian tokens
« on: June 17, 2018, 10:32:10 PM »
Saro, one of the pillars of WoC, answered a challenge when he posted in this thread. If I would set up the infrastructure, he would fill it. I did and he did. In doing so, he corrected many small and not so small mistakes in other sources, so that we now have a magnificent new section in WoT on the tokens of the Tehran buses.

Even if you don't collect tokens, it is a delight to see the origin of the pretty pictures on the tokens and find out what they mean. If you do collect them, you will enjoy the full description and translation of the texts. Do you want to make corrections? You can.

Best of all, the page shows once again how it is possible for anyone, irrespective of age or collecting interest to contribute to WoT, learn a great deal about the tokens, the country they were used in and the Wikipedia language. Do you think you can do it too? Contact me and we'll work it out together. Remember that there are plenty of coin pages on the net, but many tokens remain uncatalogued. Hint: WoT does not have a single section on Indian tokens yet.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.