UK Commemorative coins for 2019

Started by eurocoin, May 30, 2018, 09:47:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan71

Yes, I ordered the Megalosaurus one as well.  At face value and free postage, it's a no-brainer.  I don't really understand why they're doing it though.  By paying postage, they're making a loss on these.  Presumably profits on the full-price products are so high that they can afford it.

Figleaf

Perhaps they were after your name and address or your email address so they can spam you for the rest of your life and beyond? Remember that in a few months, the UK will no longer have GDPR on the books.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

eurocoin

Quote from: Figleaf on September 02, 2020, 07:56:13 PM
Perhaps they were after your name and address or your email address so they can spam you for the rest of your life and beyond?

Considering that the Westminster Collection is the largest coin dealer in the UK, I am sure they will have already had the details of Deeman and Alan71 anyway. ;)

Figleaf

They wouldn't be after collectors. Their commercial targets would be the get-rich-quickly crowd as that is who the UK mint are targeting.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Deeman

Received a Paddington Bear at the Tower in change today. First one.