Author Topic: My Future Posting Plan  (Read 478 times)

Offline SquareEarth

• cn jp kr vn
My Future Posting Plan
« on: April 08, 2018, 05:26:25 PM »
I don't want to make this a promise, because promise brings obligation, and I've already had a few of them. So here are just a some stuff I might touch on in the next few weeks.

1) An exploration into the Yuan Dynasty's Phags Pa script, and coins minted in them.
2) Japan's Post-Meiji silver coins
3) Medals and Decorations of the People's Republic of China. Doing a non-communist China medal chart would be much simpler, as they did have their organised systems, but a Communist China medal thread has never been sorted out. To be honest, many of those medals are too poorly made to match the work and labour of their awardees, but there are still others which are artistically sound.
Tong Bao_Tsuho_Tong Bo_Thong Bao

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: My Future Posting Plan
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 06:25:20 PM »
Just relax, SquareEarth. World of Coins is for fun. It's not an obligation. There is no time pressure. Also, you won't get paid ;) You'll be all right, whatever you do. You have already contributed your knowledge of Chinese language and script, which is always much appreciated. That said, if you have the time and the inclination, those are most excellent subjects.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
Re: My Future Posting Plan
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 07:37:24 PM »
Thanks for not promising anything. ;)  But for you it may indeed be a helpful incentive to see your goals being published here. All the best for your research and the presentation!

Christian