Kuwait: New Collector Coin

Started by Bimat, February 21, 2018, 04:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

Kuwait central bank issues commemorative coin

Date
2/20/2018 7:42:56 AM

(MENAFN - Kuwait News Agency (KUNA)) KUWAIT, Feb 20 (KUNA) -- The Central Bank of Kuwait (CBK) announced on Tuesday issuing its commemorative coin marking its golden jubilee.

CBK Governor Mohammad Al-Hashel said in a statement that the bank minted the symbolic coin on its 50th anniversary, anniversary for issuing Law 32/1968 and regulations' issuance regulating banking on June 30, 1968.

The law and its amendment constitute basic legislative framework for modern Kuwaiti monetary and banking sectors, Al-Hashel said, also noting that the CBK had taken over jurisdictions from the former Kuwaiti Monetary Council in 1960.

The Kuwaiti dinar was issued in 1961 as a national currency depicting the State of Kuwait sovereignty.

He lauded the CBK for safeguarding the Kuwaiti dinar as one of the authentic globally traded currencies.

One side of the coin is decorated with the national emblem, along with another slogan marking the occasion. The other side bears the CBK logo. (end) fnk.rk

Source: MenaFN
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

eurocoin

First collectors coin of Kuwait since the end of 2016. It is minted in gold plated silver. I was unable to find any information about where it was minted, though likely at the private mint owned by forum member nino_68.

nino_68

Hi there,

Yes correct, we minted this coin actually last year but they just released it to public in February.

They don't have project at the moment, I think we have to wait 2020.

I can post close up pictures if someone is interested.

For information:
Size: 38.61mm
Weight:28.28g (if i remember well)
Quantity: 1000

Actually we produced also 55mm silver and silver gold plated coin but they don't put them on sale, it is just internal gift

eurocoin

Quote from: nino_68 on July 24, 2018, 09:00:28 AM
Hi there,

Yes correct, we minted this coin actually last year but they just released it to public in February.

They don't have project at the moment, I think we have to wait 2020.

I can post close up pictures if someone is interested.

For information:
Size: 38.61mm
Weight:28.28g (if i remember well)
Quantity: 1000

Actually we produced also 55mm silver and silver gold plated coin but they don't put them on sale, it is just internal gift

It is only now that I come across your reply. I would certainly like to see close-up photos of the coin. Interesting to hear about the  versions of the coin and that they will only be used as internal gift and will not be released to the general public.