Author Topic: Indian dynasties  (Read 500 times)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Indian dynasties
« on: January 27, 2018, 03:12:08 PM »
Just found this Wikipedia lemma:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Indian_monarchs. A bit dry, but well-linked.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
Re: Indian dynasties
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 03:39:27 PM »
The problem is that Wikipedia is full of errors,  we just had a discussion on Fb regarding the dates given for Sher Shah Suri as it was incorrect on Wiki & it's proliferated all over the place with people taking the info as correct.  . I've just edited the Sher Shah page on Wiki & inserted the correct dates but there are lots more links that need altering & someone could see it & think it's wrong & alter it again  >:D

Now I notice on the list of Indian Dynasties that the Suri dynasty is totally missing!, ??? ::)   it  ran from 1538- 1554 & followed the Lodi's
Vic

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 05:14:53 PM »
Rather than reacting myself, I give the floor to ... Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia

I for one (I am sure there would be many others) would be thankful if you'd add the Suri dynasty to the Wiki lemma.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 07:20:39 PM »
It gets worse,  here is a clip from a book Indian Castles 'The rise & fall of the Dehli Sultanate'

Once again the entire Suri Era is not mentioned & therefore the end of the Dehli Sultanate is given as 1526 which is wrong
Undoubtedly the author gleaned his information from Wikipedia

Even worse the incorrect info re the Dehli sultanate info in Wiki is giving  Encyclopędia Britannica as it source

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 03:08:40 PM by capnbirdseye »
Vic