Author Topic: Coins,Medals and Seals of the Shahs of Iran 1500-1941 AD  (Read 234 times)

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
Coins,Medals and Seals of the Shahs of Iran 1500-1941 AD
« on: December 17, 2017, 10:57:02 AM »
Coins,Medals and Seals of the Shahs of Iran 1500-1941 AD   H.L. Rabino di Borgomole  1945

Another gem of a book I got cheaply & it's absolutely packed full of information from descriptions of the hand struck minting process which passed through nine shops/workshops starting with preparing the foundry and casting into bars, chopping into square blanks and then hammering into the round before passing to the striking room.

Detailed descriptions of each ruler and his coins and the known mints for each metal complete with fold out pages of lists etc. Infinite details about the importance of weights and how they varied under different rulers etc.

Of particular interest to me was the mint listed only for for copper coins 'Ra'nash' as one of my  recent finds for this rare mint was not accepted on zeno as the mint was not proven to exist. ( not that being listed here proves anything but it's a good start)

Paperback, 108 pages, very few photo's and no doubt well out of date for more  recent discoveries but nevertheless a good read
Vic