Author Topic: Germany: 2019 Collector Coins  (Read 1806 times)

Offline redlock

Re: Germany: 2019 Collector Coins
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2019, 08:25:26 PM »
Lucky you! Would they give them to clients only or to all comers?

Peter

Honestly, I don't know how my Kreissparkasse handles dispensing the 20 NCLT coins.
I am a customer and the cashiers in both branches that offer the coins know me as a collector by now.
I can tell you though that the polymer-ringed 5 and 10 coins are for customers (clients) only. If the teller doesn't know you, you have to show your bank/debit card. If you haven't one of the Sparkasse you didn't get a polymer-ringed coin.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW DE EU
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2019, 01:33:00 PM »
I got these two from my local Kreissparkasse today. They are from a roll the teller had opened a few minutes earlier.

We all know that coins should usually not be cleaned, or by cautious and experienced collectors only. Well, in this case we need to be particularly careful. Just read in a German forum that somebody who had also picked a loose piece up at a local bank, wanted to get rid of the bank clerk's fingerprints ... and now the color is gone. :-\ He had used Softasept, which is basically alcohol (for disinfection) and which had worked for him before, with color coins from other countries.

Not in this case though; the black-red-gold is gone. He also posted an image of his "monocolor" coin; not sure though whether non-members can see images over there. Anyway, stay away from alcohol. ;)

Christian

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2019, 10:21:20 PM »
Even worse, you don't have to waste alcohol on fingerprints. Fingerprints consist of fatty substances, so - as long as they haven't tainted metal yet - they should dissolve without a trace in lukewarm soapy water. Now don't get me wrong, I have no idea if the paint is soap-resistant!

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.