Author Topic: Royal mail  (Read 672 times)

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
Royal mail
« on: December 13, 2017, 01:12:44 AM »
Yes it does appear the mail must get through!

Although marked airmail this one seems to have come by sea as it been so wet. Fortunately the contents were intact and undamaged, not so another item I received a few months ago with scarce paper chits inside that were all saturated and stained like this envelope.

This was posted on the 13/11/17 arrived today 13/12/17 which seems an average time these days for snail mail.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Royal mail
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 06:47:04 PM »
That's a royal pain. Do you get to complain about such abuse somewhere?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 09:57:13 PM »
'We are not amused' but what is the point in complaining? ...what's done is done I'm afraid.  ::)
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Offline Overlord

• Honorary Member
  • Tamdiu discendum est, quamdiu vivas
    • Collect Old Coins
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 02:12:00 PM »
For me, it has fortunately been quite reliable so far, especially compared to USPS.

Offline bagerap

• Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 09:01:44 PM »
I lost a number of low value items over Christmas. All had two things in common, Airmail stickers and customs declarations. Not too great a leap to imagine that they all went missing in the UK rather than at their varying overseas destinations.
For each of the seven items the Royal Mail require around ten pieces of information including ebay item number, proof of paypal transaction and the value.
I have been advised by my local post office to photocopy everything because all of the proofs will be "lost" and there is no way in Hades that I'm going to get anything like the actual value back.

Just to forestall the "should have sent them Signed For" argument, it's very unlikely that they would have sold in the first place had I charged the current UK rates for tracked overseas mail.

Offline onecenter

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 10:15:48 PM »
What a sad and abused package.
Mark