Author Topic: Handing over some topics to new owners  (Read 62 times)

Offline <k>

• Honorary Member
Handing over some topics to new owners
« on: December 06, 2017, 01:05:36 PM »
During my years as a forum member, I have started a few topics that need to be frequently updated. I no longer have the time to maintain some of them.

Previously eurocoin took over the following topic for me:

Planned Major Changes to World Circulation Sets

He made a very good job of it, but now he is gone.

The good news is that Bimat and Jostein have agreed to take over the topic from me and maintain it. My thanks to them both.  :thumbsup:  I am sure that they will make a great partnership and keep the topic updated.

Offline <k>

• Honorary Member
Re: Handing over some topics to new owners
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 01:11:51 PM »
In 2011 I also started this  topic: Major New Circulation Sets of the 21st Century. Once a major new series has been issued, it is included in that topic. See the first post of the topic for a link to the Terms of Reference - these explain which sets are included in the topic.

Jostein has kindly agreed to take over that topic from me and maintain it. The topic includes small images, that must be of a reasonable quality. Jostein is very good at editing images, and he has a keen interest in new issues, so I think he is the perfect candidate to maintain the topic. Thank you, Jostein!  :applause:

Offline <k>

• Honorary Member
Re: Handing over some topics to new owners
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 01:39:17 PM »
If you collect UK coins, you will know that the country has six related territories that issue their own pound currencies and related coinages. These are the three crown dependencies of Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man, and the three overseas territories of Gibraltar, the Falkland Islands, and St. Helena and Ascension. Any time that the UK issues certain new types of standard coins, e.g. new denominations or coins in changed alloys or sizes, we can expect that "the six" will follow suit. The UK recently issued its new bimetallic pound coin, so it is an interesting time as we wait to see how "the six" react.

In 2011 I started a topic called The Decimal Coins of the Sterling Area, which linked to daughter topics for the UK and "the six". Alan71 has kindly agreed to take over some of these topics for me, namely Jersey, Guernsey, the Isle of Man, Gibraltar, and the Falkland Islands. He has a keen interest in the coinage of these territories, and together with his highly analytical mind and his knowledge of the numismatic history of "the sterling area", I am sure he will make a great success of these topics. Thank you, Alan71.  :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, I will retain ownership of the UK and St. Helena-Ascension topics, as well as the parent topic: The Decimal Coins of the Sterling Area.