Author Topic: 1990 Namibia Independence - Dr Sam Nujoma - Founding President  (Read 312 times)

Offline Manfred1

1990 Namibia Independence - Dr Sam Nujoma - Founding President
« on: October 24, 2017, 01:43:20 PM »
1990 Namibia Independence - Dr Sam Nujoma - Founding President

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: 1990 Namibia Independence - Dr Sam Nujoma - Founding President
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 08:20:01 AM »
The signature PAGLIARI to the left of the bust is not a person, but a private company called after its deceased founder, Mauro Pagliari. It owns a subsidiary called "The Cape Mint".

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Manfred1

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 10:15:28 AM »
Peter, that information is correct.

I have tried many times to contact Cape mint for more information with regard to this medal.
This company simply ignore all my emails.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 11:02:38 AM »
There are several such companies in the UK, but also in other countries. They generally act the same way. It is understandable from their point of view. Their purpose is to turn metal into something far more expensive by stamping it with an attractive picture and a fake denomination and reaping an excessive profit.

Such companies want small time "investors" to buy their stuff. The retail "investors" hope to get rich quickly, but in fact, they are being badly overcharged for a very risky and speculative "investment". With that "business model" and target group, time spent for serious collectors is wasted time, so they are best ignored.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Manfred1

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 11:14:15 AM »
Time spent for serious collectors is wasted time, so they are best ignored.

Peter

I have informed one of the Directors at Bank of Namibia with regard to my frustrations. Basically i have said the same to him ...

Cape Mint is best .... ignored  ;D