Linked Events

• World Money Fair (Berlin): February 02, 2018 - February 04, 2018

Author Topic: World Money Fair 2018  (Read 1358 times)

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
Re: World Money Fair 2018
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 02:35:09 PM »
Visitors who did not want to spend that much could also get a very small blank (price €3) and mint a piece themselves - or ask the nice gentleman (depicted) to do it.

Christian

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »
Most importantly ;) if you filled out a sign-up form at the KNM booth, you would get a free stroopwafel. Yes, freshly made! (I did ask whether I could take a photo - he was nice but also fast. Too fast for my camera as you can tell ...

Christian

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 08:27:51 PM »
That stroopwafel guy looks like a pro and they are indeed not the small stroopwafels of the picture above. Hope you enjoyed it.

I like the Marxist medal for a capitalist price. That price tag is half of what it takes to attend a Trump campaign rally at Mar-a-Lago, so it sound a bit cheap to me. ;)

As for trains, Paris suffered from unexpected snowfall yesterday. No more busses, half the trains didn't run and the préfecture advised the public to take public transport, rather than a car. The roads looked eerily quiet all day today. I leave it to your imagination what the trains looked like...

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline chrisild

• Honorary Member
  • NW · DE · EU
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 03:59:25 PM »
The trains must have been almost empty, as most people will have decided to not leave their homes at all due to the weather chaos. >:D  By the way, I had a closer look at the men in the background, and I think (as in, could be wrong) that, of the two with the orange ties, the one on the left is mint director Stephan Satijn ...

Christian

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2018, 04:49:54 PM »
Yep, that's him.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2018, 04:54:49 PM »
I think you are right. I have identified the other person with an orange necktie as one Stephen Miller in an uncharacteristically open pose. I wonder what it all means. Is he placing an order? Encouraging immigration from the Netherlands? Plotting against long red ties? Looking for a better job?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.