Author Topic: Possum Magic 2017  (Read 617 times)

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
Possum Magic 2017
« on: August 17, 2017, 06:54:49 AM »
There are new $2 possum magic coins being distributed at Woolworths. I got five today.

Woolworths put out new $2 coins with Possum Magic illustrations from Mem Fox’s famous book

IT has been the “hardest secret” that Australian children’s book author Mem Fox has had to keep for a year.

Now her famous book Possum Magic “has the magic to turn into money”, which she finds “fantastically weird”.

Illustrations from Fox’s best-known picture book will appear on three limited edition $2 coins, which will be distributed through Woolworths supermarkets across Australia.

Each coin carries illustrations that were first done by Possum Magic illustrator Julie Vivas.

Fox, 71, said she and Vivas had to approve each coin, which has been produced by the Royal Australian Mint

The first Possum Magic $2 coin is released at Woolworths today, with the second design released on Tuesday August 22, and the third will be available from Tuesday August 29. There will be two million pieces of each coin circulated across the country.

The Royal Australian Mint is also releasing a limited edition Possum Magic Coin Collection that will be available at Woolworths and the Mint.

The album features all three $2 coin designs, four different $1 coin designs and a unique 1 cent coin.

.See more here

Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
    • Mals Machine Tokens
Re: Possum Magic 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 05:56:10 AM »
This week this second coin is available from Woolworths.
Malcolm

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
    • Mals Machine Tokens
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 05:59:08 AM »
The Royal Australian Mint also released a limited edition Possum Magic Coin Collection that is now available at Woolworths

The album features all three $2 coin designs,

four different $1 coin designs

and a unique 1 cent coin.
Malcolm

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
    • Mals Machine Tokens
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 07:36:54 AM »
Here is the third and final piece of the Possum Magic two dollars coins which are now in circulation.
Malcolm