Author Topic: Iran, Civic copper of Saujbulagh with sunface : fake & genuine coins / Val.100  (Read 529 times)

Offline saro

• Honorary Member
Civic coppers of Saujbulagh mint are very scarce; Here is a pair of genuine & fake.

The fake is of recent fabrication (coming from Central Asia I think ?) and is intended to deceive collectors  :'(
Nevertheless, the script and many details indicate a pure forgery .... so that a too high grade for this kind of coins.
The rim of the fake (which is often the weak point) isn't suspect but the flan appears to be too thick .
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
The fake coin would be a real beauty if it was real, the fakers went to a lot of trouble but failed at the last hurdle by making it too perfect, sadly it will still fool a lot of collectors who will pay a high price to own it
Vic

Offline saro

• Honorary Member
Yes Vic too beautiful to be true ! the most strange is that I have never seen another one ? usually, fakes for collectors are made in small series (cf Tipu's paisa), that's a lot of efforts for so few coins  ::)

This fake could be unique and sure it has a higher value than genuine coins !! :D
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)