Author Topic: Canada $10 (2013): Year of Snake  (Read 79 times)

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Canada $10 (2013): Year of Snake
« on: July 10, 2017, 04:15:48 PM »
The only reason for getting this coin was that I was born in year of snake (1989). ;)

15.8g, Ag 999, 88,888 coins were struck. The coin comes in a nice presentation box along with certificate of authenticity.

Aditya
Caution. The low-hanging fruits are still there maybe for a reason.

Offline quaziright

Re: Canada $10 (2013): Year of Snake
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 05:15:17 PM »
Nice Picture of a coin that looks very underwhelming in hand ;). But as long as it has some personal significance, its nice to have. I did see the coloured year of the dragon the other day at the post counter and it looks really beautiful.

I did bid and win on a couple of collector coins myself at the coin club meet last week. I normally wouldn't go for those, but they came in nice cassette displays which i can put on a shelf or in a showcase. And one of them was in celebration of 40years of the Flag. On the occasion of the 150th anniversary, it seemed very appropriate with the Parliament clock tower, the flag and some fireworks in the background

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 05:36:40 PM »
Thanks! I was not even looking for this coin. I had won couple of coins from that seller and was just trying my luck with few more coins he had listed to get advantage of combined shipping. My lowest bid turned out to be the highest one ;) and it finally arrived today. Not sure what was the issue price but I paid something like 11 for this. When I won it on eBay, I thought it would be a single coin taken out of the case but to my surprise, it wasn't so. Unexpected happiness. :)

Aditya

Offline quaziright

Re: Canada $10 (2013): Year of Snake
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:08:33 PM »
often you'll get these coins at below issue price. A lot of dealers are stuck with them and try to offload them. very often at the coin club meets or exhibitions held by club members, you can get the 20 for 20 at $19. I bought a proof dollar coin for $25 where the issue price was $35

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 05:30:07 PM »
often you'll get these coins at below issue price. A lot of dealers are stuck with them and try to offload them. very often at the coin club meets or exhibitions held by club members, you can get the 20 for 20 at $19. I bought a proof dollar coin for $25 where the issue price was $35

Many of my friends who collect euro coins also collect Canadian coins too, basically because RCM regularly comes up with a number of varieties. They often ask me why don't I collect them: budget is not the only issue but RCM issues far too many coins these days. Impossible to keep a track of all of them! Getting them to India is really not a concern as a friend of mine travels to India from Canada two-three times in year. But nah, happy with euro coins only. ;D

Aditya