Author Topic: France 2018: 150th anniversary of the birth of Edmond Rostand  (Read 553 times)

Offline eurocoin

• Technical posts member
  • Honorary Member
In 2018 France is going to issue a 2 euro commemorative coin for the 150th anniversary of the birth of poet and dramatist Edmond Rostand.

Offline eurocoin

• Technical posts member
  • Honorary Member
Re: France 2018: 150th anniversary of the birth of Edmond Rostand
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:05:17 AM »
According to French sources this coin has now been replaced by a 2 euro commemorative coin for the 100th anniversary of the armistice.

Offline redlock

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »
According to French sources this coin has now been replaced by a 2 euro commemorative coin for the 100th anniversary of the armistice.

I thought the (or an) ''Armistice €2'' was cancelled a few days ago  ???

Offline eurocoin

• Technical posts member
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 08:55:28 PM »
I thought the (or an) ''Armistice €2'' was cancelled a few days ago  ???

The situation is as follows:

1. According to Jesus of Numismatica-Visal he was suddenly contacted by Monnaie de Paris which asked him to delete all images of the First World War coin. Furthermore he somehow received word that the coin was going to be replaced by a 2 euro commemorative for Simone Veil.

2. Now a French source mentions that dealers have received word the Edmond Rostand coin will be replaced by this Armistice coin. No idea if that is the same coin and design as was earlier according to Jesus replaced by a coin for Simone Veil.

The fact that Monnaie de Paris does not want to comment does not make things much easier. Anyway I still have some emails pending reply so maybe next week there will finally be some clarity.