News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Discussion: 1997 Inter-Parliamentary Conference Coin Set

Started by Kid Romeo, August 24, 2009, 10:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Romeo

Now where on Earth will I find this one?  ::)

The 1997 Inter-Parliamentary Conference Coin Set consisted of 5, 50 and 100 Rupees coin.

Kid Romeo

Here is the pic

MS

Quote from: BC Numismatics on August 25, 2009, 03:58:17 AM
Perhaps you could try one of the coin dealers in Bombay,such as Todywalla's Auction House.

That's KR's favorite coin dealer :D

I haven't seen this listed on eBay either. The 1991 commonwealth Parliamentary Conference Proof set is listed currently but not the 1997 Inter Parliamentary Union Conference. What about your local dealer network, can they procure it for you?

BC Numismatics

Mujahid,
  I have got 2 examples of the 1991 British Commonwealth Parliamentary Conference commemorative 1 Rupee coin in my collection.One is an error coin.

Rony,is it true that Todywalla's Auction House in Bombay is your favourite coin dealer?

Aidan.

MS

Quote from: BC Numismatics on August 25, 2009, 10:24:50 AM
Rony,is it true that Todywalla's Auction House in Bombay is your favourite coin dealer?

Aidan, I was referring to another thread where Rony and Aditya spoke in not so glowing terms of Todywalla.
http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,3018.msg22335.html#msg22335

Cheers
MS

Kid Romeo

This coin set is considered as rare as the 1992 Land vital resource 2 Rupees coin because it was handed to attendees of the conference only and never released. In fact I don't remember seeing it in my Krause catalog. The 5 and 50 Rupees coins are made of copper nickel whereas the 100 Rupees coin is a silver one.

Bimat

Surprising.Today,I got an e-mail from an Austrian collector asking about the set and here I see the same pic ;) Saw the same pic on orkut too 8)
The set was never issued and I guess now it is practically impossible to get one. >:(
Quote from: BC Numismatics on August 25, 2009, 03:58:17 AM
Perhaps you could try one of the coin dealers in Bombay,such as Todywalla's Auction House.
LOL!! Check their price list and comment if possible ;D
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

And I can see two diamonds below the date. (both below 9).Is it the mint mark? (shown twice?) or it has some other significance?
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Kid Romeo

Quote from: numismatica on August 25, 2009, 12:52:49 PM
Surprising.Today,I got an e-mail from an Austrian collector asking about the set and here I see the same pic ;) Saw the same pic on orkut too 8)
You must be in Wolgang's mailing list too. :-*

Bimat

The set was given to all those who attended the conference.Only 500 sets were struck ::) This is,therefore not a collector issue,but just like a souvenir,I think.

And the most important thing is that the coins were not struck by any of the mint,as far as I have been informed.Some private (or government,I'm not very sure) company struck these 'coins'.

Aditya

kansal888

The 1997 Interparliamentary Conference coin set is listed in G Schon's World Coin Catalogue. I sent several letters to Mumbai mint, Kolkata mint, Finance Ministry regarding above coins. However, I did nt received any response.

BC Numismatics

Quote from: kansal888 on August 31, 2009, 12:17:55 PM
The 1997 Interparliamentary Conference coin set is listed in G Schon's World Coin Catalogue. I sent several letters to Mumbai mint, Kolkata mint, Finance Ministry regarding above coins. However, I did nt received any response.

Welcome aboard!

Are these also listed in Krause as well as Schon?

Aidan.

Kid Romeo

Yes, the pictures of the coins in this thread are taken from Schon catalog.

The I.G.Mints don't pick up telephones, answer emails or respond to snail mails. Only way to contact them is to visit the mint office in person.

Kid Romeo

Quote from: BC Numismatics on August 31, 2009, 12:19:45 PM
Are these also listed in Krause as well as Schon?
No Aidan. This coin set is not listed in Krause catalog.

Bimat

I think they didn't give any response to your mails because they didn't strike these coins.As I said earlier,the coins are struck by a company (and not any Indian mint) (I don't remember the name of company..) for the conference and the set was given to all those who attended the conference as a souvenir...
If my opinion is concerned,these are not coins but medals,as they are not issued by Government.

Aditya