Author Topic: San Marino: 2017 BU Set Issued (and Sold Out!)  (Read 695 times)

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
San Marino: 2017 BU Set Issued (and Sold Out!)
« on: June 29, 2017, 12:41:31 PM »
The numismatic office of San Marino (AASFN) issued the annual BU set for 2017 on June 26th, with a price tag of 26. The set contains eight regular euro coins (with new designs) of BU quality. Maximum mintage is 23,000 and it's already sold out!

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
Re: San Marino: 2017 BU Set Issued (and Sold Out!)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 12:57:28 PM »
Well, in San Marino for some reason they are always fast to write that a set is sold out, while after emailing them I have always been able to buy sets without any problems.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
San Marino: 2017 BU Set Issued (and Sold Out!)
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 06:44:14 PM »
You have to wonder why a part of mintage is kept aside and sold indirectly, especially when there's a huge craze for these?

In my case, I'm on their mailing list, so I get their order form at the start of the year (typically in February, both digitally and by mail), I just have to fill it giving my 'wish-list' along with credit card details and send them the scanned copy of it. They charge my card for the items I have ordered soon after I send them the form and the coin(s) are sent to me as and when they are issued. As easy as that. :)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: San Marino: 2017 BU Set Issued (and Sold Out!)
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 12:10:38 AM »
Except that in my opinion it is an abuse of their monopoly to deduct payment when the coins are not ready for shipping.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.