login

Author Topic: please help me  (Read 204 times)

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
please help me
« on: May 30, 2017, 06:38:23 PM »
hello

I received approximately 30 Chinese coins and I want to try to identify them, but I do not know how to begin. Can give me myself a base of depart
Thank you well in advance
Gerard

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: please help me
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 08:18:00 PM »
On the obverse right and left are very often the same two characters. These two will tell you which way is up. Use Remmelts to find the emperor. If there are characters on the other side, use Remmelts to find out what they mean (it's usually the mint, but it may be a number.) If you have Hartill, use it to determine variant. If you get stuck, just post the coin on WoC. Have fun.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 05:34:36 AM »
hello Peter
thank you very much for the reply.
yesterday night i have started my research with the Remmelts and for the first coin i have find one character,i continue
best regards  Gerard

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 07:09:34 AM »
hello again
is the firdt time that i try to identified one Cinese coin say me that you find
my coin observe and reverse

that i have find ,is good or no ??

best regards  Gerard
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:59:11 AM by Figleaf »

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 09:56:21 AM »
Perfect, Gérard! :applause:

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 04:47:37 PM »
thank you peter
i have identified 3 other but for these two i dont arrive ,same with  http://www.seaeaglecoin.com/kangxi1.html the two first pictures are the coin 1 and the other two are coin 2

coin 1

coin 2

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 08:06:51 PM »
Coin 1 is Remmelts 193a.

Coin 2 is not Chinese but Japanese. Kanei Tsuho. (KM: C 1.1) See this page.

Peter

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 05:13:24 AM »
Peter merci
for me the chinese is very hard and for complicate is one Japanese coin  ??? ???
Best regards  gerard

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 10:37:41 AM »
Just carry on Gérard. Once you have identified all 30 coins, you will start recognising some characters and it will become easier and easier as you acquire experience.

Keep in mind that only two characters are of key importance, those at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock. They are the name of the era. Start with the clearest of the two and remember a part that looks familiar, like the "Greek beta" on your coin #1, left of the lower key character. Check that against Remmelts, start at the end of the book (the most modern coins). When you found a beta, check the rest of the two characters. If they fit, the rest is easy. If not, continue looking.

Forget about the big multiple cash. If you find them, they are likely to be expensive fakes.

Peter

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 05:26:52 PM »
hello Peter
quand c'est bien expliqué c'est beaucoup plus simple.
Que pense tu pour la piece 1 CH'IEN-LUNG, AD 1736-1795

http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/china/china8.htm#chien lung
amicalement  gerard

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 10:50:41 AM »
C'est bien ça, Gérard. Félicitations. La monnaie est facile a déterminer aussi. Regardez la page 76 de Remmelts. C'est la figure A. Oberste Finanzbehörde, c'est à dire autorité financière suprème est un des deux monnaies de Pékin. L'autre est Ministerium für Arbeit, Ministère de l'emploi. A noter que la caractère de gauche est presque toujours le même.

That's right, Gerard. Congratulations. The mint is easy to determine too. Look at page 76 of Remmelts. This is figure A. Oberste Finanzbehörde, that is, supreme financial authority is one of the two currencies of Beijing. The other is Ministerium für Arbeit, Ministry of Labour. Note that the left character is almost always the same.

Peter