Qajars, Muzzafar al-din, 2000 dinars 1323 AH (portrait coin)

Started by saro, May 23, 2017, 09:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saro

Teheran mint / 9,2g
The strike of obverse is somewhat poor; this coin belongs to the same series as this one
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)

Figleaf

It may have been cleaned long ago. Who cares? A wonderful portrait with what I would nominate as the best moustache on a coin. ;)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

saro

The poor quality of my picture  :(  , a feeble strike and a long time in circulation could have given this smooth obverse... I am not sure that this coin have been cleaned in the past  ???

Today, high quality coins of this type are available for attractive prices ...unfortunately not coming from an iranian mint, as they are fakes from China !  ::) like this 5000 dinars "Birthday issue" dated 1322  shown hereafter; few details are not correct (sun & sun rays, weight or size) but may mislead a buyer...

aws22

Dear Saro, thank you for sharing this nice 2000 dinar coin with a Portrait of Muzaffar al-Din Shah. Such coins with the "Portrait" are difficult to find and I have already posted my 5000 dinar coin with Muzaffar al-Din Portrait 1324 AH on October 10, 2016  http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,36797.msg232327.html#msg232327 , which I think it is a genuine coin.

Maythem
Coin collecting has a curious name. It is also called the "Hobby of Kings".

saro

Thank you Maythem, I think that you didn't noticed the hyperlink (blue text) in my 1st post, refering to your nice (and genuine) coin  ;)
500, 1000, 2000 & 5000 dinars of this type exist so that a 1/2 toman (2000, 5000 & 1/2 toman are shown on WoC  :)

aws22

Coin collecting has a curious name. It is also called the "Hobby of Kings".