Author Topic: Discussion: Is 2009 10 Rupees Coins struck  (Read 13755 times)

Offline Kid Romeo

• Reader
  • I'M LEGEND
    • India Coin News
Discussion: Is 2009 10 Rupees Coins struck
« on: August 17, 2009, 02:03:21 PM »
Do anyone have or seen a 2009 dated definitive 10 Rupees coin?
A seller twitted to me a few days ago that he is selling them; I asked if I can see picture of one, but no reply so far.

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
Re: 2009 10 Rupees Coins
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 02:38:12 PM »
Heard that 2009 IT series have been issued but not seen them yet. Infact have not bothered to look for it seriously.
Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Offline MS

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 02:44:59 PM »
If it is out there, then it probably means a few more months before I can buy it for a reasonable price or at face value :'(

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 02:45:50 PM »
When we issued our first bimetallic coin,I had decided to collect them by date (only the bimetallic series,not the other denominations).But now,I have lost my interest and I'm no more collecting them by date.The prices are touching sky (especially for the one dated 2005 and 2004 as asm said) and strictly speaking I can't afford them :(

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 02:59:27 PM »
If it is out there, then it probably means a few more months before I can buy it for a reasonable price or at face value :'(
Exactly the reason that I have not bothered. These should be available at the RBI dispenser (in Ahmedabad) in a few months. I had picked up 20 2008 issues at par from the dispenser.

Aditya, Collecting current regular issues by type and year is not that difficult. If you go by miny (as I am trying to), it is indeed more difficult. I find most coins except Hyderabad mint are easily available.

BTW, I picked up the 2005 Rs 10 cross vatiety at Rs 400 from my regular Delhi contact at the fair in Ahmedabad. He had brought it specially for me and said he had but this one piece (which I had him reserve for me almost 2 months back). He says the supply is exhausted. Prices are likely to increase. 2004 may not be a regular issue coin. I was told that a few of these were minted but were never issued and one bag of these coins, mixed with the other coins found its way out of the mint (you know how it works in India). This same delear told me that he had sold one coin at over Rs. 11,000 and now, offered to hunt one for me if I was willing to shell out 6,000+. Since I do not have that kind of loose change, I refused.
Amit

Offline MS

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 03:08:31 PM »
Exactly the reason that I have not bothered. These should be available at the RBI dispenser (in Ahmedabad) in a few months. I had picked up 20 2008 issues at par from the dispenser.

I had visited RBI, Bangalore. 1 and 2 Rupee coins were available on the dispenser but not the 10 rupee or even 5. Infact, there were large printouts everywhere mentioning that the RBI would give out ten 10 rupee coins only per person. I was discouraged by the large queues and I returned back empty handed :(

Interestingly, outside the RBI, there were guys selling 10 rupee coins in lots of 100 only. 100X10 were being sold at 1100 rupees or 10% profit. I had a closer look and they were indeed the 2008 variety. Unfortunately, even 100 coins would have been excessive for someone like me.

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 07:05:05 AM »
you bet provided it exists lol
The list is getting longer and longer everyday. I hope I don't need to pull off a bank heist to complete my ROI year and mintmark set
This sort of thing is happening too often for comfort these days. I have heard of the 2 Rs coin if 1992 (or was it 2004) which was never issued but a few specimens are available. The Rs 5 Science Congress coins of 1996 or 1998 and the 1996 Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose issue. (I have the last two). Then there was the genuine error of TILAKJI. Confusion reigns supreme for the same commemoratives issued in two different metals. More recently the back dated issues released for circulation all of a sudden. I fail to understand the mess. Every time you feel that you have completed the collection, you here of something which has not been heard or seen earlier. Even if one were to pull off a bank heist, I would be surprised if one could complete ones collection.
Amit

Offline Kid Romeo

• Reader
  • I'M LEGEND
    • India Coin News
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 10:45:15 AM »
This sort of thing is happening too often for comfort these days. I have heard of the 2 Rs coin if 1992 (or was it 2004) which was never issued but a few specimens are available. The Rs 5 Science Congress coins of 1996 or 1998 and the 1996 Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose issue. (I have the last two). Then there was the genuine error of TILAKJI. Confusion reigns supreme for the same commemoratives issued in two different metals. More recently the back dated issues released for circulation all of a sudden. I fail to understand the mess. Every time you feel that you have completed the collection, you here of something which has not been heard or seen earlier. Even if one were to pull off a bank heist, I would be surprised if one could complete ones collection.
Amit
Well said Amit. Collecting Indian coins is getting frustrating day by day.

The 2 Rupees coin is the 1992 issued Land Vital resource coin. Think I read somewhere that the mintage is only 150. :o
I have the 1996 dated Netaji coin but not the science congress coin coz I'm trying to get a good deal on the original 2 coin presentation set. A friend of mine bought the set for only 2500 bucks.
Regarding the Tilakji coin; well I could have cared less for I'm not interested in error coins.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 01:00:35 PM by kidromeo »

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »
I have the 1996 dated Netaji coin but not the science congress coin coz I'm trying to get a good deal on the original 2 coin presentation set. A friend of mine bought the set for only 2500 bucks.
Regarding the Tilakji coin; well I could have cared less for I'm not interested in error coins.
I paid the same for the science congress presentation set a couple of years back. However, I had bought a single open piece for Rs 850 before that.
Amit

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 06:33:39 AM »
I got the 2009 Noida Rs 10 coins - yes 10 f these, yesterday. I seem to be lucky. My mom im law saw some Rs 10 bimetalic coins at some shop and picked them up for me. I was hoping that they would be the cross veraity coins. When I saw them in the evening, I was indeed surprised. And it was picked up at par. The coins are in almost UNC condition.
Amit

Offline MS

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 10:47:44 AM »
Neat :) Congrats on the early find.

Offline Kid Romeo

• Reader
  • I'M LEGEND
    • India Coin News
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 12:08:05 PM »
Congrats Amit
What a great MIL  ;D
So how is the design like? Same as 2008?

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 12:36:39 PM »
How about a picture, Amit?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 03:19:00 PM »
Congrats Amit! :) The coin was released in April,but I haven't seen a single coin circulating here till date.You are lucky,I must say.
I don't think that there will be any change in design.Is there any?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:32:38 PM by numismatica »
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline asm

• Honorary Member
  • Ahmedabad, India
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »
No change in design. It is the same as the 2008 issue. Will upload an immage on Monday.
Amit