Author Topic: Falkland Islands: 50p coins Penguins  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Alan71

• Derby, UK
Re: Falkland Islands: 50p coins Penguins
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2017, 06:08:28 PM »
If you already wish to buy the correct one with the discount, the discount code is S8UTHERN.
Thanks, but when I try that code on Pobjoy's website I get a screen saying "Error - The code you entered is invalid".  Perhaps there's more than one code and that one has been exhausted?

Offline eurocoin

• Honorary Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2017, 06:18:19 PM »
Oops my bad, the correct code is S8UTH
I have now amended my message. The correct coin will be dispatched from 1st June.

Offline Alan71

• Derby, UK
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 07:37:31 PM »
Thanks, yes, that code works!

Offline eurocoin

• Honorary Member
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2017, 12:42:09 PM »
The issuance of the last batch of the erroneous Northern Rockhopper Penguins has been delayed until the second week of June. Furthermore on May 29 Pobjoy Mint will block the discount code (S8UTH) for the correct coin with the Southern Rockhopper Penguin on it, meaning that everyone who hasn't received the error one yet with the accompanying letter, will have to pay full price to obtain the correct one.

Offline Alan71

• Derby, UK
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2017, 09:03:28 AM »
Thanks for that info!  Luckily I received my error one just over a week ago.  I didn't get round to ordering the southern one with the discount code until yesterday, but sounds like I've beaten the deadline.  I also ordered the collectors album.

Fair enough really that they block the code.  It's probably been abused, with word getting round and people ordering it with the code that hadn't even ordered the error one.  I was a bit surprised the code wasn't individual to each customer but I suppose that would have been costly and difficult to administer.

Offline eurocoin

• Honorary Member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 08:55:23 AM »
Another error: some of the Southern Rockhopper Penguin coins do not have a diamond finish obverse. Pobjoy Mint has been asked to comment but has not yet done so.

Update: Pobjoy's spokesperson has just informed collectors that Pobjoy Mint will not comment in public on this. People who have problems with their order can contact the mint.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 10:07:14 AM by eurocoin »

Offline eurocoin

• Honorary Member
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2017, 12:08:44 PM »

Offline eurocoin

• Honorary Member
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2017, 10:58:15 AM »
Pobjoy Mint has received permission from the Government of the Falkland Islands to produce 2,000 pieces of each penguin coin in the series in silver proof.

Furthermore the King Penguin coin will depict 2 penguins (1 male and 1 female) and the Magellanic Penguin coin will depict a swimming penguin.

This information is exclusive to World of Coins Forum.