Shah Alam I: Rupee, Khambayat, AH 1119 RY Ahd......Zafar ظفر (victorious) type

Started by mitresh, March 25, 2017, 10:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitresh

Shah Alam I, Silver Rupee, Khambayat, 11.54g, AH 1119 RY Ahd

The REV has the word Zafar ظفر (victorious) vs the standard 'maimanat' indicating victory of Shah Alam over his brother Azam Shah.
In the quest for Excellence, there's no finish line.

asm

I had my coin posted here. Unfortunately, it seems to have gone missing. Will see if I can locate the images and post them once again. However, the discussion there is worth a read.

Also in there is the image of the normal coin with the Ahd RY. So it makes both coins rather difficult to acquire.

amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

abhinumis

A very rare coin!! Such aberration in legend are not easy to get
Dr.Abhishek

mitresh

Facebook comment

Aurangzeb died 3 March 1707; AH1119 starts April 4 1707; Azam Shah killed at Jajau (between Gwalior & Agra) on 20 June 1707. The so called "Willed Plan" of leaving North India to Moazzam, Central India to Azam and South India (especially centered at Hyderabad & Bijapur) to Kam Bakhsh did not work out. The story that such a will was under the pillow of Alamgir MAY BE TRUE , because he issued orders just before his death, for Azam to move and take over Malwa, and Kam Bakhsh to take over Bijapur, but left Moazzam Bahadur stay put. These two princes had "Physically moved on these orders". Hence Khambayet issue is correct, issued after June 1707, but still in AH 1119.
In the quest for Excellence, there's no finish line.