Author Topic: Trimetallics  (Read 1425 times)

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
Trimetallics
« on: December 23, 2018, 09:14:44 PM »
I was surprised to come across the following information in the program of the Technical Forum of the World Money Fair 2019:

Swipe this image to the left to see it in full.

Apparently the Royal Canadian Mint is developing ways to produce trimetallic circulation coins which is surprising as so far only Monnaie de Paris has produced such coins. And the Portuguese mint is working to produce (collectors?) coins consisting partially out of polymer like Germany did before.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 09:48:47 PM by eurocoin »

Offline Jostein

• WBCN
Re: Trimetallics
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 09:32:48 PM »
Thanks for the news my friend. The INCM is the Portuguese Mint...polymer rings or trimetsllic coins for the RCM are too much, now they are obsessed with colored coins.

Greets!  ;)
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" - John F. Kennedy

http://www.bimetallic-coins.com

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 09:47:12 PM »
Thanks for the news my friend. The INCM is the Portuguese Mint...polymer rings or trimetsllic coins for the RCM are too much, now they are obsessed with colored coins.

Greets!  ;)

You are right of course. I have now ammended the mistake. Well, RCM is at least working on the trimetallics for circulation coinage so that would be nice in my opinion (you may have to swipe the image in the message above to the left to be able to see it in full).

Offline Jostein

• WBCN
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 09:50:40 PM »
You are right of course. I have now ammended the mistake. Well, RCM is at least working on the trimetallics for circulation coinage so that would be nice in my opinion.

I mean Real Casa de la Moneda RCM-FNMT, not Royal Canadian Mint, im sorry.

Waiting to see the projects soon.

;)

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" - John F. Kennedy

http://www.bimetallic-coins.com

Offline Pabitra

• Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 04:43:47 AM »
New circulation set of Mauritania has a trimetallic
Which mint has minted them?

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 06:37:28 AM »