New Year Goals, Sort of

Started by Prosit, January 03, 2017, 02:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prosit

I don't often do New Year's Resolutions because they never work out. Mostly because we tend to make unrealistic resolutions.

But that doesn't mean we don't make some plans for the upcoming year.

So here are some of my 2017 goals.

1. Add to my British Penny and Netherlands Cent collection.

2. Get any USA Commemorative half dollars minted during the year in Proof and Uncirculated.
(Just keeping my collection complete with these).

3. Add to my uncirculated US Quarter collection.

4. Explore the coins of San Marino more than I have in the past.

5. Continue my collection of USA Mint uncirculated sets.

6. Add a few pages to WOC's WOT. Maybe Sacher tokens and Schwertner tokens.

7. Take two cruises.  Have one booked Feb 5 and need to try for another in August maybe.

8. Build a Craftsman style Sideboard and Hutch.

9. Have a Salsa garden.

10. See my grandchildren more...maybe one of them will eventually inherit all my collection.
Not likely for them to get interested but I can hope.

That's enough to start with.

Dale

Bimat

My new year goals (purely numismatic):

1. Complete the €2 commemorative collection (I guess I'm missing only some of the 2016 issues, so this shouldn't be a problem)

2. To add the missing Greek (euro) collector coins to the collection: This is perhaps very optimistic aim. Probably won't make it as I'm missing quite a few. I don't collect all of them, but the ones I'm missing are still quite large in number!

3. To get couple of Austrian €25 silver-niobium collector coins which are still in affordable range. The expensive ones are unlikely to be mine in near future. :(

4. To complete the Japanese 500 Yen Prefectures series. Missing only a few, so should be achievable.

5. Try hard to accomplish goals 1, 2, 3 and 4 listed above. ;)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Figleaf

I tend to forget my new year goals before January is out, but I promised myself to make a list of indexes on WoC and see which are updated or not. Sometime this year :)

For myself, I have no numeric numismatic goals. I want to add some chapters to my ebook on Uzbek numismatics, but wonder if I'll have the time and energy.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

FosseWay

My goals:

1. Continue to add to WoT, specifically Swedish transport.

2. Find a subject I can present to the token section of GNF when it's my turn... My head is currently blank.

3. Add to my collection  ;D

Jostein

Some of my numismatic goals for 2017:

1. Found and buy the 500 dirhams 2009 bimetallic gold/silver coin from Morocco.
2. To buy all the trimetallic gold 1 crown coins from Isle of Man or Gibraltar.
3. To complete my Vatican and San Marino 2 euro coins.

Special mention goal: Finish, print and sell my self-made paperback Catalog of Bimetallic coins.

Grtz!  ;)
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" - John F. Kennedy

http://www.bimetallic-coins.com

Figleaf

Quote from: FosseWay on January 03, 2017, 06:49:29 PM
2. Find a subject I can present to the token section of GNF when it's my turn... My head is currently blank.

Aren't there some machine tokens (Bally ???) used in the UK as well as Sweden? Another commonality are the tokens hammered in the Yorvik museum.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Bimat

Quote from: Jostein on February 02, 2017, 05:32:50 PM
Some of my numismatic goals for 2017:
1. Found and buy the 500 dirhams 2009 bimetallic gold/silver coin from Morocco.
2. To buy all the trimetallic gold 1 crown coins from Isle of Man or Gibraltar.
3. To complete my Vatican and San Marino 2 euro coins.

That's quite ambitious, I must say! :o ;)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

FosseWay

Quote from: Figleaf on February 02, 2017, 07:36:11 PM
Aren't there some machine tokens (Bally ???) used in the UK as well as Sweden? Another commonality are the tokens hammered in the Yorvik museum.

Peter

Fruit machine tokens was one possibility (including the Bell Fruit ones intended for, or overstruck for, the Scandi market), as are UK transport tokens since I've acquired some more since I last covered that topic.

One important criterion is that I need to have a reasonable variety of tokens related to the topic in hand to show. I don't have any Yorvik tokens (though I do have the full set of Ironbridge ones).

It doesn't have to be British tokens either - last time it was my turn I did US tax tokens.

Figleaf

Well, if anything goes, how about a demo of World of Tokens on a portable computer, making sure they understand it's Wiki software, so everyone can contribute or edit? Maybe you could also make a plea for help or pictures? BTW, pages in Swedish are OK.

Peter