San Marino 2017: Marco Simoncelli

Started by Bimat, December 19, 2016, 09:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

Thank you, Bimat. Too bad for those who'll join us in Rome. At least they have the Vatican Post Office. ;)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

chrisild

Quote from: Figleaf on July 18, 2017, 01:00:15 PM
I keep telling myself to go to San Marino one day to see for myself what circulates there, but (in Michelin terms) while it's interesting, it's worth only a small detour and it's not worth the trip. ;)

A few years ago we were in Ravenna for about a week, and made San Marino a day trip. I liked the place (cannot really say that about Monaco for example). The old town sits on a mountain and is a little "museal" maybe, but the atmosphere is nice. Fortunately most who go to SM for cheap shopping (low taxes) don't do that in the inner city. ;) And yes, as far as I can tell, most coins used there are Italian, but you also get San Marino (and other) pieces ...

Christian

Bimat

The coins were issued in rolls this time (25 coins in a roll). :)

Image Source: intercoingermany on eBay.

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

Got it today. As mentioned before, the coin came in a plastic capsule. The strike is just brilliant! The coin is still available for purchase (€5) on AASFN website (postage will be extra).

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.