Author Topic: Andorra 2016: 25th anniversary of Radio and Television Andorra  (Read 1218 times)

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
Andorra 2016: 25th anniversary of Radio and Television Andorra
« on: November 05, 2016, 02:56:37 PM »
Andorra is going to issue a special 2 euro coin to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Radio and Television Andorra (RTVA).The coins will be minted at the Spanish mint and will be issued mid 2017. 85.000 pieces will be produced.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 08:14:17 AM »
What's the reason for keeping issue date in (possibly) second quarter of 2017? Only dealers get benefited because of this. They have already started pre-sales of both the coins (~25 each), so they make a good profit without making any delivery of the items for ~6+ months!

By the way, a friend tells me that the issue date is actually fixed in December'16 but that looks impossible to me, considering last year's experience. Let's see.

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
Re: Andorra 2016: 25th anniversary of Radio and Television Andorra
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2016, 08:21:29 AM »
By the way, a friend tells me that the issue date is actually fixed in December'16 but that looks impossible to me, considering last year's experience. Let's see.

That is what is written in the Official Journal of the European Commission but I have confirmation from the Ministry of Finance of Andorra that it will be mid next year.

Offline poccio1

• EUROCOLLEZIONE
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2016, 11:12:00 PM »
The mint ? Paris ?

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 04:04:52 AM »
The mint ? Paris ?

Spanish mint (FNMT) as Niels mentioned in first post. The coin won't show mint mark of Spanish mint, though.

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline augsburger

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 04:47:38 AM »
Great, so, they had the Vatican, San Marino and Monaco producing coins like crazy that most people can't collect and making some people rich, and now it looks like Andorra's going to be producing what, two a year every year? And what does a small country like Andorra have to celebrate twice a year that's worthy of putting on a coin? Shakespeare?