News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Afghan civic copper at time of Barakzaï,Herat Mint

Started by anusin, August 02, 2016, 09:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anusin

please Help me to identify this coin.............weight 3.4 grams.......Diameter 19mm

anusin

if I rotate this coin Clockwise it looks like No.177 of W.H.Valentine....but I am not sure about it.....its just look similar

anusin

but I see it in a different way......may be I am wrong.........

anusin

I have 3 coins in this type...........

saro

On your 2nd coin, I see a date : 1082 , the other face looks better to Val. 176 than 177 ?
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)

anusin

it is look like No.176 to me(but I am not very sure)............No.177 is double eagle with wings & two head

all my this type coins are with low weight and small size.

anusin

my third coin of this series.....overstruck on other coin...weight 3.0 gm,diameter 19.61 mm.......

I can see date 12x2 on obverse.......but there is another date xx82 on reverse

saro

This 3rd coin gives us the solution to the puzzle  :)  !
it is of Herat and the date that I supposed to be 1082 is likely "1282" (what I took for a dot is a part of the leg of "2" with a shock); and then we can say that it's an afghan civic copper at time of Barakzaï.

anusin

thanks a lot, for your help........

anusin

thanks a lot Saro for the Book........I got this coins in page number 182/183...No.6 of Herat Mint

saro

I'm glad to hear that it is helpful and to see that you make a good use of it : you have found the good reference for this coin !

anusin