Author Topic: Qajar, Muhammad Shah, 1258 AH, Silver Qiran (Kran), Dar Al-選bada Yazd mint  (Read 393 times)

Offline aws22

• Honorary Member
Qajar, Muhammad Shah, 1258 AH, Silver Qiran (Kran), Dar Al-選bada Yazd mint (AH 1254-1264/1834-1848 AD)
Weight 5.49 gm including Hook
Diameter 18-20 mm
Metal Silver
Obverse, inside a decorated circle written in Farsi: شاهنشه انبیا محمد , Shahanshah Anbiya Muhammad (Prophet Muhammad is King of Kings).
Reverse, in a square inside beaded circle: ضرب دار العباده يزد ,  Zarb Dar Al-選bada Yazd, the date " 1258 ۱۲۵۸ " is at the bottom right corner of the square at 4 O'clock.
Muhammad Shah was the son of Abbas Mirza, Fath 但li Shah痴 son, and Nasir al-din Shah痴 father.

Maythem
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 04:33:52 AM by aws22 »
Coin collecting has a curious name. It is also called the "Hobby of Kings".

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
I cannot see the date either. You'd have to presume that it is on the part that was hammered to provide more space for the hole, as I don't see where there could be a place on the rest of the coin, but maybe there is an undated version of this coin?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline aws22

• Honorary Member
Thank you Peter, comparing this coin with the Mashhad mint, the date was under Mashhad above letter B of Zerb and near the center of the coin. May be this coin is undated.

Maythem

Offline saro

• Honorary Member
This coin is the  Mitchiner nー2151 "Yazd 1258", ( I am not able to see the date on the Mitchiner picture ???) but it could be at right bottom corner ?
"All I know is that I know nothing" (Socrates)

Offline aws22

• Honorary Member
Thank you Saro, you are right about the place of the date, I could read two digits just before the hook solder "12xx", the solder is on top of the two digits on the right. It could be 1258 AH.

Maythem

Offline maudry

• Meritorious Member
Here is a similar coin.
Year looks like AH1254 to me.
Size: 18mm
Weight: 5.36gr

Offline aws22

• Honorary Member
Thank you maudry, the date is at the bottom right corner of the square at 4 O'clock of the second photo " 1254 ۱۲۵۴ ".
Your coin reads:
Qajar, Muhammad Shah, 1254 AH, Silver Qiran (Kran), Dar Al-選bada Yazd mint (AH 1254-1264/1834-1848 AD).
Obverse, inside a decorated circle written in Farsi: شاهنشه انبیا محمد , Shahanshah Anbiya Muhammad (Prophet Muhammad is King of Kings).
Reverse, in a square inside beaded circle: ضرب دار العباده يزد ,  Zarb Dar Al-選bada Yazd, the date " 1254 ۱۲۵۴ " is at the bottom right corner of the square at 4 O'clock.
Muhammad Shah was the son of Abbas Mirza, Fath 但li Shah痴 son, and Nasir al-din Shah痴 father.

Maythem
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 04:21:20 AM by aws22 »