News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

The wrong theme

Started by <k>, July 27, 2016, 11:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

<k>

Officially this Portuguese coin celebrates "Polyphonic Singing from Alentejo". However, nobody is moving his mouth, so the official theme is plain wrong. I suggest:

Reverse/left - Anniversary of the Portuguese Human Cloning Institute.

Obverse/right - The Men in Black.

Do you know of any other coins with the wrong - official - theme?  ;)
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

Prosit

Left, Monks R Us.
Right, Funny hat club.

I like the coin design.

Dale

<k>

Better than my version! Now it's your go.

chrisild

Yes, maybe somebody should have had an open mouth here. 8) Apart from that, I think the design shows four women on one side, and three men on the other side ...

Christian

<k>

Quote from: chrisild on July 28, 2016, 12:02:56 AM
Apart from that, I think the design shows four women on one side

Christian

Women with a moustache? Yes, I have seen some, come to think of it.  ;D

Figleaf

I was just looking at this coin, ostensible commemorating the euro, but since there is, apart from the sign, nothing on it that has any connection with the currency it is much more likely that it was issued for creation of the European Institute for Parents who can't Draw (EIPCD.) The mandate of this institute, as everyone knows, is to spread the notion that the average parent can't even read, write or calculate very well, so why should they be required to teach their children how to draw?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

chrisild

Quote from: <k> on July 28, 2016, 12:16:26 AM
Women with a moustache? Yes, I have seen some, come to think of it.  ;D

Could be a question of age rather than of taking extra hormones. ;) See this photo for example:
http://www.unesco.org/culture/ich/img/photo//thumb/08657-BIG.jpg

chrisild

That "WWU" coin, hmmm. As far as I very vaguely remember, that coin was issued to commemorate the 10-yr anniversary of the Westdeutsche Weißbrot-Union (WWU), an agency promoting Western German white bread. Against a background of dough that has just been rolled out flat, you see an archetypical baker and my preferred kind of Brötchen: Not really round but kind of oval, with two parallel lines formed by a cut.

<k>

So that's what it was. I thought it was meant to express the concept that managing the euro is child's play.  >:D

<k>

Denmark, 2 kroner, 1906.  Royal visit to the barber.

Before shave.

After shave.   :D

The coin and images belong to aws22.

<k>

Turkey, 1 lira, 2014.

Here is a fine public information piece. Look at all that "muck" on the grass. Note the guilty expression on the hyena's face. The message: when walking your pet hyena, be sure to clean up after it!  >:(