login

Author Topic: NewScam on eBay by well known dealer Shubham Lodha Oswal Jain​ in Kota,Rajasthan  (Read 420 times)

Offline Coinhobbyist

• Coincollector
  • Investment 4 Future!!!
KINDLY SHARE & HELP!!! I Have been cheated by a well known dealers Saurabh Lodha​ Shubham Lodha Oswal Jain​ based in Kota, Rajasthan. Please check the below Facebook link for all the details, VIDEO & IMAGE PROOFS. I want to bring this issue to lime light, so that, they don't think of doing such thing to anyone on or off eBay.  Hoping to get justice..

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=288488984837407&id=100010289232062&comment_id=288985741454398&notif_t=feed_comment&notif_id=1468999195963650
Investment 4 Future!!!

Offline dheer

• Honorary Member
  • Indian Coins & Currencies
    • Coins of Republic India
He has been around for quite sometime and must have done this numerous times.
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Offline eurocoin

• Honorary Member
I am very glad that you have now received your money back, it is sad however that you had to do so much effort for it. For the people who haven't followed: Saurabh Lodha has used several images from Numisbids with his listings, furthermore the weight that was put on the letter by the post office doesn't match with the one of a slabbed coin. Furthermore he uses several names. He is also active on Ebay with the nickname Phila-coin-zone.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
It is good to have his name on record here, but it will warn too few people. Find out if India has a mail fraud law like in the US or if he has he broken any other law. I see these options for you to go further:
  • Complain to eBay. They are not very responsive. In the past, our member Kansal888 has had success with a complaint. You may want to contact him to see if you can profit from his experience.
  • Complain to the financial intermediary (paisepay?) and ask them to close his account and any other account with the same address.
  • Complain to the police. Not sure if this can be effective, but probably necessary if you want to provoke a penal case.
  • File a civil law complaint. Probably expensive and he may be able to disappear before paying. If Indian law recognises a class action suit, you can share the risk with other victims. Note that you may still lose financially if his assets cannot be impounded in time.
Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline EWC

Afraid I do not use Facebook, so cannot read the original message

But here is another Ebay story, in case of interest

A couple of years back I bought a coin on Ebay (a liondaaler) which looked perfectly OK to me

But I was concerned when the same seller then offered an identical coin for sale.  It seemed there were two possibilities to me.  Either mine was a fake, or the seller made a mistake with his photo.

My judgement was that it was very possibly a mistake with the photos – because the residual patination stains were exactly the same.  Even a very well made pressure cast would not have the same surface stains.

Of course I wrote the seller to ask, and did not get a clear reply – I did not think he had very good English.

So I telephoned Ebay, explaining the situation, and asking the young lady manning the help desk to forward a message from me to the other successful buyer of the second coin, so we could compare notes.  But she would not do this (I guess it was above her pay grade, but I was disappointed she was not in a position to get permission from a supervisor either).  Thus I judged Ebay policy potentially protected a scamster.

Disappointed by this, I explained the facts as above on a Yahoo coin discussion group

I got no immediate response on group, but soon afterwards there was a complaint on that group that I had lodged an ad hominem - made by one member – and just one other member seconded him. I deny this (then and now). But the moderator of that group expelled me, without any notice or discussion.  I had had no prior discussion what so ever with that moderator.

Subsequently the guy who had seconded the complaint withdrew (we since met quite amicably).

So I was expelled on the (imo false) accusation of just one member.

Here is the punch line.  Unknown to the group, as I understand it, that one member who triggered my expulsion was at that time employed at Ebay, indeed, I have the impression he was in charge of Ebay ethics for the UK………..

(All the above is of course taken from memory, since due to Yahoo policy, I now have no access to the messages I posted on that group.)

Offline Coinhobbyist

• Coincollector
  • Investment 4 Future!!!
@dheer

Yes. He could have..He never thought his cheating tactic will come to light. I am thankful to other dealer/friends who were behind throughout the issue. I am sure, he will think of cheating others at least for sometime from now..

Regards
Investment 4 Future!!!

Offline Coinhobbyist

• Coincollector
  • Investment 4 Future!!!
@ Niels,

Thanks for the excerpt. He has several ID's on eBay with good reviews and feedbacks. We should be very careful while buying on eBay even with high rated sellers. They found different tactics to cheat. SO PLEASE BEWARE BUYING & MAKE SURE YOU RECORD VIDEOS WHILE UNWRAPPING THE PACK, WHICH HELPED ME A LOT.

Regards
Investment 4 Future!!!

Offline Coinhobbyist

• Coincollector
  • Investment 4 Future!!!
@ Peter

Thanks for your concern and suggestions.

He, Shubham Lodha Oswal Jain - refunded my money a couple of days after bringing this issue to light on FB.
1) eBay, even after submitting all the proofs and prolonged period of 55 days investigation, they denied my claim on seller favor. No use of eBay in any way.
2) Police Complaint is not gonna help in this matter as its a completely waste of time, energy and financially too. (in India)

Regards

Investment 4 Future!!!

Offline dheer

• Honorary Member
  • Indian Coins & Currencies
    • Coins of Republic India
@ Peter

Thanks for your concern and suggestions.

He, Shubham Lodha Oswal Jain - refunded my money a couple of days after bringing this issue to light on FB.
1) eBay, even after submitting all the proofs and prolonged period of 55 days investigation, they denied my claim on seller favor. No use of eBay in any way.
2) Police Complaint is not gonna help in this matter as its a completely waste of time, energy and financially too. (in India)

Regards

Maybe be send the link to eBay, hopefully they will realise that Facebook is better
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Offline Coinhobbyist

• Coincollector
  • Investment 4 Future!!!
@ dheer

I did that already, sure nothing gonna change.

Regards
Investment 4 Future!!!