Author Topic: France 2017: Research to a cure for breast cancer  (Read 1700 times)

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
France 2017: Research to a cure for breast cancer
« on: July 09, 2016, 03:14:45 PM »
Next year France is going to issue a 2 euro commemorative coin for the research to a cure for breast cancer.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 05:26:39 PM »
I'm 200% sure that MdP will issue colored version of this in BU and Proof quality. ;)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
Re: France 2017: Research to a cure for breast cancer
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 05:44:30 PM »
hello
Instead of minted coins France would do better to help more the women who havet.heureusement that there are private associations. I know about what I speak because my wife has him .is my avis  but i am sorry i say it, saddened
best regards  Gerard

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 05:52:07 PM »
hello
Instead of minted coins France would do better to help more the women who havet.heureusement that there are private associations. I know about what I speak because my wife has him .is my avis  but i am sorry i say it, saddened
best regards  Gerard

You are 100% right, Gerard. But isn't this the situation in almost every country? I'm not sure if any country, apart from couple of Scandinavian ones, have an inclusive, affordable health service!

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 10:18:50 AM »
@Gérard Ce n'est pas la première fois que la France émet une pièce pour une maladie. En 2014, le SIDA figurait sur une monnaie de 2 euros. N'oublie pas que ces émissions donnent un profit à l'état. Je ne sais pas ou passent ses profits. Je vois assez souvent dans d'autre pays que la cause profite et j'espère que ça sera pareil dans le cas de cette pièce. Néanmoins, même si ce n'est pas le cas, l'argent va bénéficier les projets de l'état, y inclus la lutte contre le cancer.

Ceci dit, la tragédie du cancer des seins reste complet pour des dizaines de milliers de mères et grand-mères partout dans le monde. Toi, je ne peut vous offrir que mon support et amitié pour vivre l'angoisse de cette période avec dignité. Je suis sûr que je parle pour les autres membres de cette groupe quand je dis qu'on est tous avec vous.

@Gérard This not the first time that France issues a coin for a disease. In 2014, AIDS was on a coin of 2 euros. Do not forget that these programs provide a profit to the state. I do not know where this profit goes. I see quite often in other countries that they benefit the cause and I hope it will be the same in the case of this piece. Nevertheless, even if this is not the case, the money will benefit the projects of the state, including the fight against cancer.

That said, the breast cancer tragedy remains intact for tens of thousands of mothers and grandmothers everywhere. I can only offer you my support and friendship to live through the anguish of this period with dignity. I'm sure I speak for the other members of this group when I say that we are all with you.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 12:05:17 PM »
Bonjour Peter
Merci et je te comprends tres bien,mais ça a été plus fort que moi il fallait que je le dise
amicalement  gerard

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 01:21:03 PM »
Bien sûr il fallait le dire et je suis très content que tu l'a dit.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2017, 12:13:11 AM »
The design of the coin as was made by Joaquin Jimenez.

There will also be a special collectors edition on which the ribbon is colored pink.

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 04:45:28 AM »
Hello
I think that the conceptor of the coin read WOC ;D
best regards  Gerard

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 05:24:24 AM »
Commemorative Euro Coins Created to Help Fight Breast Cancer

The Paris mint recently began selling the 2-euro pieces to help mark the 25th anniversary of the iconic pink ribbon logo.

By Amelia Christian on May 17, 2017

THINK PINK: In order to help mark the 25th anniversary of the iconic pink ribbon created to boost breast cancer awareness, the Paris mint has produced commemorative 2-euro coins, which recently became available to the public.

Its design features the iconic ribbon draped across a woman’s breast. However, one coin is monochrome and priced at 10 euros, or $11.10 at current exchange, while the other has a pink-colored ribbon and sells for 20 euros, or $22.20.

With the purchase of every coin, the Paris mint will donate 2 euros, or $2.22, to the Estée Lauder Cos. Inc.’s campaign, called “Le Cancer du Seins-Parlons-en!” (or “Breast Cancer, Let’s Talk About It!”).

The late Evelyn Lauder, along with the Estée Lauder Cos., helped found “Le Cancer du Seins-Parlons-en!” in France in 1992. The program advocates a heightened awareness of breast cancer through the celebration of “Octobre Rose” (or “Pink October”) in France. It also raises funds during the rest of the year for the cause.

Many of the Estée Lauder Cos.’s brands, including Bobbi Brown and Estée Lauder, annually released limited-edition products whose proceeds contribute to funding the fight against breast cancer, as well.

Source: WWD

Offline gerard974

• Meritorious Member
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 08:34:01 AM »
hello
we have also on my small island one very good association for to help this cancer

http://www.run-odyssea.org/

best regards  Gerard

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2017, 12:32:24 AM »
I am happy to read that the turnover, not just the profit, will be spent on cancer prevention. :applause:

Je suis content de lire que le montant du chiffre d'affaires et non pas juste le profit, sera consacré à la prévention du cancer.

Peter

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 05:06:19 PM »
The colored version of the coin will also be a part of BU set. Mintage: 500 Only!

I received the uncolored unc coin couple of days back.

Aditya

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2018, 08:24:56 AM »
I just received the proof version of this coin (colored), It looks very nice, the colored ribbon perhaps conveys the message very well. Only thing is that they shouldn't have priced it so high (€20 for proof; however I didn't pay that much).

Aditya

Offline Globetrotter

• Honorary Member
  • As my whimsy takes me....
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2018, 05:57:23 PM »
Hi,

and I'm playing in a rather expensive T-shirt, where the surplus price is going straight into the breast cancer research!

Ole
Ole

If you're interested in coin variants please find some English documentation here:
https://sites.google.com/site/coinvarietiescollection/home
and in French on Michel's site (the presentations are not the same):
http://monnaiesetvarietes.esy.es/