Spain 25 pesetas 1957 date

Started by mrbadexample, May 21, 2016, 04:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbadexample

Afternoon all,

I wondered if someone more familiar with this series might be able to help me, although I don't hold out too much hope.  :P

The authorisation date is 1957, but can someone tell me whether they think this is a 58 or 68? I only have one so nothing to compare to.

Many thanks,
MBE

Kopper Ken

I don't see much curve in the first digit so I would say '58.

KK

mrbadexample

Thanks KK. Have to say this is not a series I'm having much fun with! Just been through some 5 pesetas and even relatively good condition specimens can be very difficult to date. :(

Globetrotter

and I would say 68, I think I see the curve of the "6"....
Ole

Figleaf

I'd say that what you see as the curve of the 6 is a small scratch (note that it is clean, while the character is dirt-filled.) The top of the character shows a 90° angle that can only fit a 5.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Afrasi

mrbadexample

Thanks all. I could be persuaded either way. Seems more like a 5 in the close up, but looks like there's more of a curve to the first number in the other photo.

Looks like the consensus is a 5 though. :)
Cheers,
MBE

Prosit

Don't know if it will help or not but here is another 1958, which is what I think that one is.

Don't much care for modern Spanish coins that use this numbering convention but this is one I have.

Dale