Aurangzeb. Rupee Mint: AkbarNagar, AH 1116, RY 49, Badr-e- munir Couplet

Started by rgupta71, April 24, 2016, 08:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgupta71

Common mint of Aurangzeb but the area above the mint looks very uncommon to me. I checked all the coins of Zeno with Akbarabad mint.

asm

Quote from: rgupta71 on April 24, 2016, 08:33:17 PM
Common mint of Aurangzeb but the area above the mint looks very uncommon to me. I checked all the coins of Zeno with Akbarabad mint.

Well, Akbarabad mint had the coins with the square area till quite late in to the reign Also, the mint name on the normal types, issued qute late in to Aurangzebs reign were having the mint name at the top on the reverse. Try to look at Akbarnagar...............

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

rgupta71

The style of 'Ka' in Akbarnagar and Akbarabad is very different. This one resembles to Akbarabad.

asm

Quote from: rgupta71 on April 25, 2016, 08:32:06 AM
Found a matching sepciment on Zeno. Its Lakhnau.
http://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=67365

Please read the entire discussion. The mint is Akbarnagar as confirmed by Mr Jan Lingen.

Amit

rgupta71

What about the couplet? On Akbarnagar coins I think couplet is mihr munir instead of Badre munir.

asm

Quote from: rgupta71 on April 25, 2016, 01:09:08 PM
What about the couplet? On Akbarnagar coins I think couplet is mihr munir instead of Badre munir.

Please check the coin in the link above. Exactly the same couplet. The earlier issues with the RY in the seen of the Julus were Mihr Munir legend. All these later issues (after RY 45 or so) have this same Badr Munir couplet.

Amit

rgupta71

Oesho

The mint, I presume is Akbarnagar and not Lucknow or Akbarabad.
Nevertheless on ZENO is another identical coin also attributed to Lucknow, but this is identical to the above coin and should be attributed to Akbarnagar.

asm