News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

ID please

Started by mrbadexample, March 28, 2016, 02:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbadexample

Good morning all,

I post this more in hope than expectation. Found in my late grandmother's personal effects, a small, worn silver coin. ø19.5mm, 2.0g.

Unfortunately, absolutely nothing to go on other than the silhouette of the head. I'm hoping someone might recognise the portrait - all traces of lettering worn away.

Good luck!
MBE  :)

bagerap

Possibly Portugal 100 Reis 1865ish.  Weights about right, portrait could be but I don't know the diameter.

constanius

Looks to be Napoléon, Prince Imperial about 6 years old(1862) nothing I can find of him shows him facing right but I have flipped an image of a medal for a comparison. 

Perhaps some type of trial piece?

One of mine medals

Pat

constanius

Sorry Bob, had not seen your reply, it does look like   https://www.ngccoin.com/price-guide/world/portugal-100-reis-km-490-1854-cuid-5210-duid-17517 

Diameter & weight seems about right for one so worn.

Pat

mrbadexample

Quote from: bagerap on March 28, 2016, 03:07:25 AM
Possibly Portugal 100 Reis 1865ish.  Weights about right, portrait could be but I don't know the diameter.

Bagerap & constanius, if I had a hat I'd doff it. The shape of the head matches, the parting & lips are right, so I think you've nailed it. Thank you. :)