Author Topic: Italian machine token  (Read 562 times)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Italian machine token
« on: January 09, 2016, 06:22:37 PM »
The texts on this token are a bit vague and I would like to find out how it was used. In view of the security grooves, it may not be a gaming token. Does anyone recognise the picture of the machine?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
Re: Italian machine token
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 08:27:34 PM »
The machine is a juke box.

Offline malj1

• Honorary Member
  • "illegitimi non carborundum"
    • Mals Machine Tokens
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 09:41:32 PM »
These are a generic stock token made by many companies around the world for sale to anyone that requires them for their machines.

One such company in Britain for instance is Token Supply who have this exact token on their web page here.

A very similar token shows a cup and beaker for various vending machines for coffee and tea etc.

Note different code number on the reverse denoting the order number; this one below is 010
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 10:16:54 PM »
Thank you gentlemen. The second token is indeed enlightening. Mine is inscribed APPARACCHI ELETTRICI (electrical machinery), yours DISTRIBUTORI AUTOMATICI (automatic dispensers.) I am not sure, but the security slots seem to be proportioned differently too, so you can't buy the cheapest token and use it in the most expensive machine. It looks like an expensive way to achieve something you could have achieved more cheaply with different size tokens, but at least you can't use a similar size/weight/magnetism coin. ;)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.