News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Comments on "Milestones in the coinage of Aruba"

Started by Afrasi, January 03, 2016, 10:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afrasi

Parent topic:  Milestones in the coinage of Aruba

The parent topic (above) gives an overview of the coinage of Aruba. Please post any comments, questions or corrections here.

Sorry! I have to post here, as the link to the comments does not work and I cannot find this topic anywhere else.

In my opinion it is odd having the main language of this island at the two new coins represented only through three letters in microscript. Are these coins really circulation coins or only tourist's and collector's items? If they are real coins, why do the use a foreign language and not Papiamento?

eurocoin

Quote from: Afrasi on January 03, 2016, 10:43:24 PM
Sorry! I have to post here, as the link to the comments does not work and I cannot find this topic anywhere else.

In my opinion it is odd having the main language of this island at the two new coins represented only through three letters in microscript. Are these coins really circulation coins or only tourist's and collector's items? If they are real coins, why do the use a foreign language and not Papiamento?

My topic is still in testing, therefore not everything works yet  ;)
These coins are official and cirulate on the island. Both Dutch and Papiamento are official languages of Aruba.
These 2014 coins were the first circulating coins of Aruba to feature Papiamento. 

Afrasi