Author Topic: Your System  (Read 4602 times)

Offline Pellinore

• Honorary Member
    • Some numismatic books for sale on our website
Re: Your System
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2016, 06:18:44 PM »
Any particular reason for keeping this interesting (and important too) topic in Living Room? ;)

Aditya

Well, in any case many people are looking into this, and I thank you very much. Filemaker Pro looks good. No problem to pay 9 bucks a month, that's the price of an insignificant coin that I should better not buy anyhow.
-- Paul

Offline Pellinore

• Honorary Member
    • Some numismatic books for sale on our website
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 10:47:59 AM »
Eleven months later. I decided after a lot of deliberating that Filemaker is too difficult for me. I stick with what I know, and that's Word. I numbered my coins more or less according to the system I outlined before, counting from 1000-9999 (I have about 700 coins). Now I'm making photos and giving them the corresponding number.
For instance:

5508. AE stater Yaudheyas (Ganges valley), 3-4th cent. Vz. Karttikeya with spear, hand on hip, peacock to the right. Rev. Goddess to left, left a vase with flowers, right Nandipanda symbol. MACW 4711. 25 mm, 11.82 gr. Jacquier 238, Sept. 2014
+ Pic 5508

-- Paul

Offline THCoins

• Honorary Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2016, 10:56:10 AM »
I am one of those people who does not use an inventory. But the books in which i keep my coins are very strictly organized. So i do not really feel a need for it.
Also my coin photos are organized on the computer in a similar manner as my books.
That is a very nice Yaudheya you are illustrating here !

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2016, 05:52:38 PM »
Think of backing up your files to avoid possible major frustration. For 50 pics and a bit of text, you should be able to find free cloudspace. As for security, just don't leave your name, address, email address, phone number or other stuff that can be used to trace where you live in the same space.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.