login

Author Topic: Siamese Gambling Tokens  (Read 2514 times)

Offline nembiak

Re: Siamese Gambling Tokens
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 11:28:25 AM »
Hi guys, apologies for the extremely late reply - university work and all that nonsense.  >:D

The other set of tokens posted by malj1 actually looks rather genuine compared to mine. That said, I have zero experience with these type of tokens and the only reason that I say they look genuine is because of the imperfections on those tokens compared to mine - I might even have bought them impulsively if I was a collector of them.

On another note, the people in this country are crazy about Chinese medals. I managed to flip the Chinese medals for the price of the whole job lot and essentially got a set of replica Siamese tokens and an Acheh kupang for free. I'm still quite bitter at Baldwins though, mostly for misattributing the kupang.  ;D

Jerry
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:42:35 PM by nembiak »

Online Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Re: Siamese Gambling Tokens
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 02:11:09 PM »
Joe Cribb (British Museum) recently put a document on the net that contained this text, which I thought might be of interest. Scroll down to page 80 for pictures. The labels of the pictures are on pages 74 and 75.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.