Author Topic: Buying Coins Directly from Central Bank of Cyprus  (Read 857 times)

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Buying Coins Directly from Central Bank of Cyprus
« on: November 07, 2015, 03:08:03 PM »
Central Bank of Cyprus has an e-shop for the sale of it's numismatic products. The link is as follows:

https://www.eshop.centralbank.cy/default.aspx

Earlier, their policy was not to ship to India. Now they accept orders from Indian addresses too.

I recently ordered the latest Cypriot €5 collector coin commemorating Göttin Aphrodite (See the topic here) directly from the Central Bank's e-shop. My experience was extremely nice!

The coin is priced at €40 (including 16% VAT), however, for delivery outside EU, the VAT is exempted so had to pay €33.61 for the coin. I think postage was reasonable: €9.65 for registered shipping and additional €0.52 for insurance (total €10.17). Needless to say I was happy to save some money in the form of VAT. :)

As soon as I placed the order and made the payment (credit cards accepted), received the conformation of my order on my e-mail address. A few days later, they also informed me the tracking code of my letter after it was dispatched. The customer care service of Bank of Cyprus is rather impressive, I got clear answers for all my questions within an hour!

Last week, I received the letter, the coin was very carefully packed but it was surprising to see that the invoice (or the order form) was not inside the letter! May be they forgot to attach it or it's their usual practice. Didn't face any issues with customs here in India.

Overall, I'd rate their service 5.0 / 5.0 and would definitely recommend it to all! 8)

Aditya

PS: The latest Göttin Aphrodite coin (along with some previous issues), is still available in their e-shop. Also, it's not mandatory to have an account on their e-shop. You can buy coins without registering.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 05:10:39 PM by Bimat »
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.