Author Topic: The Netherlands: New mintmaster mark 2015  (Read 10067 times)

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
The Netherlands: New mintmaster mark 2015
« on: November 05, 2015, 09:05:53 AM »
The Royal Dutch Mint is on the verge of bankruptcy, Mintmaster Maarten Brouwer has to leave the mint which means that next year the coins will have a new mintmaster mark.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 09:26:44 PM by eurocoin »

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Re: The Netherlands: New mintmaster mark 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:18:54 AM »
Hmmm, so in spite of selling numerous highly surcharged coins, they are bankrupt? WoW! ::)

I just wonder how much does a mint worker (depending on the position he holds) earn every month? (Not only Dutch mint but all mints in EU in general)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 03:29:11 PM »
The Netherlands will issue 2 series of 2015-dated coins. 1 series depicting the mintmaster mark "sails"of former mintmaster Maarten Brouwer and 1 series with a mintmaster mark "sails + star" of interim mintmaster Kees Bruinsma. This special series will only be minted for sets and will be issued next year.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 03:46:13 PM »
The Netherlands will issue 2 series of 2015-dated coins. 1 series depicting the mintmaster mark "sails"of former mintmaster Maarten Brouwer and 1 series with a mintmaster mark "sails + star" of interim mintmaster Kees Bruinsma. This special series will only be minted for sets and will be issued next year.

Thanks for the update! Will those sets have only the regular 8 coins or 2 commemorative too? This year has been difficult even for type collectors...

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 06:01:46 PM »
Thanks for the update! Will those sets have only the regular 8 coins or 2 commemorative too? This year has been difficult even for type collectors...

Aditya

There will be no 2 euro commemorative coins "30th Anniversary of the European Flag" with the new mintmaster mark if that is what you mean ?

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 12:30:43 PM »
There will be no 2 euro commemorative coins "30th Anniversary of the European Flag" with the new mintmaster mark if that is what you mean ?

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks! :)

Aditya

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 04:27:30 PM »

The Royal Dutch Mint has today released the UNC, BU and Proofsets with 2016-dated coins, as well as some medals.
No information about the 2015-dated coins with the new mintmastermark yet.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 05:14:48 PM by eurocoin »

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 05:54:57 PM »
Will that be the mintmaster's mark on the 2016 coins?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 06:04:49 PM »
Will that be the mintmaster's mark on the 2016 coins?

Peter

The image above indeed depicts the mintmaster's mark that will be used on the 2016 coins.
The Royal Dutch Mint has not revealed any further information concerning the 2015 coins that will be minted with this mark.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 06:30:34 AM »
Which denominations (dated 2016) are going to be in circulation? I'm interested in coins with new mintmaster mark, would be happy with 1 and 2 only... :)

Aditya

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 12:31:31 PM »
Which denominations (dated 2016) are going to be in circulation? I'm interested in coins with new mintmaster mark, would be happy with 1 and 2 only... :)

Aditya

Only the 5 and 20 euro cent coins of The Netherlands will be brought into circulation in 2016.
The 2015-dated series with the new mintmaster mark will be non circulating.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 09:48:07 AM »
Only the 5 and 20 euro cent coins of The Netherlands will be brought into circulation in 2016.
The 2015-dated series with the new mintmaster mark will be non circulating.

Thanks! The only reason why I like countries like Spain, Luxembourg and Greece (except a couple of exceptions) is that they put all the denominations in circulation every year. So you don't have to buy surcharged BU sets to complete the collection (type or date-wise). ;)

Aditya

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 01:50:23 PM »
Normally, you can complete a date set of the current year plus sometimes previous years on the "Day of the Coin", an annual open-house happening of the Utrecht Mint that you can enter only by waiting in line for hours (did I hear someone say "state production" and "Soviet Union"? :)) Only able-bodied persons living not too far from Utrecht need apply.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline eurocoin

• Indexer
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 02:21:53 PM »
Normally, you can complete a date set of the current year plus sometimes previous years on the "Day of the Coin", an annual open-house happening of the Utrecht Mint that you can enter only by waiting in line for hours (did I hear someone say "state production" and "Soviet Union"? :)) Only able-bodied persons living not too far from Utrecht need apply.

Peter

;) I have been at the event multiple times, standing in line for about 5 hours. People who are not aware of this usually return home when they see the line. First time when I was 12 y/o (it all depends on how badly you want something). By the time you are inside, some good stuff is already sold out, that's why some people are sitting there 15 hours in advance. In the past there used to be a DJ to entertain the people who are standing in line, though this is no longer the case since a few years. People who are not able-bodied can get in right away (which usually results in a heated discussion between RDM staff and angry people who are standing in line). Some people in line also get angry when they see RDM staff buying more sets than the limit per customer. A DJ is no longer needed for the entertainment  ;)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 02:29:10 PM »
People who are not able-bodied can get in right away (which usually results in a heated discussion between RDM staff and angry people who are standing in line).

Didn't know that. I was one of those who went there once and turned back on seing the line. It sounds like invalid parking. I have the right to use it and the documents to prove it, but people still get angry when I do, because I seem to walk normally. People easily forget that they only see what they see, not what I feel.

Peter