Monaco 2015 - 800 years of fortress

Started by eurocoin, October 23, 2015, 06:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

This is a welcome initiative. Do we have to send the e-mail in German only or English will also do?

Some of the pre-sales on eBay for this coin are over €400 already. ::) I guess the price will be much lower once the coin is actually issued. (Remember 2013 Sede Vacante?)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Figleaf

Communications to EU civil servants can be in any official EU language.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

eurocoin

People who wish to complain but don't have much inspiration about what to write can find a complaint template letter here.

Bimat

Quote from: Niels on November 02, 2015, 10:35:47 PM
People who wish to complain but don't have much inspiration about what to write can find a complaint template letter here.

Thanks! I was about to ask for a translation of original letter as google translate's job was horrendous. I'll also drop a mail to given addresses, will also add my two cents (think of poor Indian collectors etc etc :D)...

BTW an auction ended yesterday fetched over €700... :o

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

eurocoin

I have just called these 2 people and basically they can't do anything to counteract the issuance of this coin with this mintage. These 2 people only approve themes and designs and can't decide on mintage. The monetary agreement between the European Commission and Monaco says that Monaco can decide the mintage of the coins without intervention of the European Commission. In 2011 the European Commission tried to change the monetary agreement but Monaco didn't agree with the changes (Mintage of at least 100.000 and certain percentage for circulation). The complaints that are now being sent can only make them aware of the problem and maybe in the future things can be changed but the mintage of this coin will only be made higher if Monaco decides to do so (and no they are not going to do that).

Figleaf

Good job, Niels!

It would be surprising if Monaco had any voice in what the mintage is either. It seems more likely that it was set by the Monnaie de Paris. This would bring into perspective that Monaco refused an amendment to the monetary agreement. If it had just been Monaco, the Commision would have terminated the agreement. If it is MdP, they have more important things on the agenda.

That still leaves the Commission as the most likely agent of change, just not next week.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

eurocoin

I am not sure if that's what she explained me but later today or at last tomorrow Ms Stoicescu will send a written reply in which she will explain how the approval of coins of the mini states works. They will send the same reply to everyone who complains about this coin (a lot of people so far)  :)  Your last sentence says it all and it's good that people keep sending emails to the EC to make them aware of this problem (and how many people are affected by it).

eurocoin

The issuing price will be 95 euros. Some people have been standing in line for 24 hours in order to get a coin, there are crowd control barriers in front of the museum.

eurocoin

Some images of earlier today that were made by a good friend.

Illioplius

augsburger

Quote from: Illioplius on November 14, 2015, 08:13:21 PM
There goes the boycott.

If you wait in line for a few hours and you can make 1000 Euros out of it.....

eurocoin

Apparently the photos above don't show all people  ;) All coins are now sold out, one day earlier than expected.

© Lars on Starshopforum

Bimat

This is crazy stuff! I'm boycotting this issue as well! ::)

Aditya

Bimat

I received an offer on eBay. Price: 'Only' €910 (Postage extra). ::)

Aditya

eurocoin

The European Commission will send me a written statement about this coin early next week.