News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Coinex Pune 2015

Started by Vivek, September 23, 2015, 06:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vivek

Date: 10th to 12 December
Venue: Sonal Hall Karve Road Pune
Vivek

Vivek

I will be attending on 11th and 12th
Vivek

dheer

Let me see ... hopefully I should be in on one of the days.
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Bimat

Three-day exhibition of ancient coins

TNN | Dec 10, 2015, 01.08 AM IST

PUNE: In a treat for numismatologists in the city, a three-day exhibition of ancient and rare coins, including those from the Mughal era, will be held at Sonal Hall on Karve Road from Thursday.

As per a statement issued by the International Collectors' Society of Rare Items, coins dating as far back as 500 BC will be on display during the exhibition titled 'Coinex Pune 2015'. "It will have 75 frames of collectors from all over the country, including Pune, Nagpur, Mumbai and Meerut. A facility to identify coins and their approximate value, year, history, inscriptions, figures and impressions has also been arranged," the statement added.

Besides, an auction of over 1,200 items will also be held on Friday and Saturday. It is expected to bring together collectors from various cities.

The exhibition will be inaugurated at 10am by Farokhbhai Todywalla, owner of the Todywalla Auctions and a well-known coin collector from Mumbai. The society's former member and chairman, Late Kashinath Pandit, will be honoured posthumously with a lifetime achievement award. Also, Pukhrajbhai Surana of Mumbai, regarded as the father of numismatics in the country, will be presented with a lifetime achievement award on this occasion. Another member of the society, a Guinness-record holder from Trivandrum, Daniel Montario will also be felicitated.

A souvenir based on the exhibition, including articles by 14 eminent experts from all over the country, will be published. The Post Master General of Pune, Ganesh Savaleshwarkar, will inaugurate a special cover of 'Puneri Pagadi' designed by the Collector's Society at 4pm on Thursday.

Source: Times of India
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

I couldn't make it due to some reasons...but I'm sure Vivek will let us know how was it (and what all did he get) :)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Vivek

Today I had been to exhibition.
About 65 blocks were displayed. Shivrai,Mughal and independent India. Shivrai was displayed by one of collector friend KiranKumar Karande who won first prize.
Same dealers from last and known exhibition had put up stalls. Nothing new same old stuff.
First time visitors were in large number and school children.

I got 2 bimetallic coins...
Attaching few photos.
Vivek

@josephjk

Thanks Vivek! Good pictures!

dheer

Same old stuff, nothing new

Bimat

Thanks for the report, Vivek! Is market still down or picking up again? In last Mumbai exhibition, there were no buyers...

Aditya

Vivek

I guess its still not picked...I was there at one of dealers booth for some time...I found people just buying Republic India coins by new collectors or children. Not serious busing in any other section
Vivek

dheer

The same old dealers. This is the first time I have seen a curiosity factor. Quite a few first time visitors, entire family with mom dad and kids, few grandma as well ...
Overall not very brisk business... However quite a few collectors from neighbouring town/district visit the show.