Author Topic: Akbar Dogaon Mint dams AH 1004-1005-1006-1007 Dar-Us-Salam with Allah Akbar type  (Read 523 times)

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
Akbar Dogaon Mint dams AH 1004-1005-1006-1007 Dar-Us-Salam with Allah Akbar type on reverse.

Any other years known beyond AH 1007 ?

Cheers ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:42:28 AM by Coinsforever »
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/

Offline capnbirdseye

• Vic
  • Honorary Member
I have several of these, also some contemporary forgeries in the style of Dogoan mint that usually are low weight, I'm not sure why the forgers were attracted mostly to Dogoan mint  however  ???
Vic

Offline Coinsforever

• Honorary Member
I have several of these, also some contemporary forgeries in the style of Dogoan mint that usually are low weight, I'm not sure why the forgers were attracted mostly to Dogoan mint  however  ???

You are correct Vic , the imitation and contemporary forgery of dogaon mint are plenty , however mughal coppers with imitations and forgery also known from bairata , narnol , ajmer mints . There are several reasons probably non mughal mints operated by local chief and rebels .

Saro has put his views in one of the following post as follows :
For additionnal information on Dogaon's mint, in his notes on mughal mints (Calcutta museum catalogue), Nelson Wright said : " The mint seems to have been removed from BahraƮch to Dogaon to supply the copper coins required for the trade between India and Nepal".

May be "non mughal" workshops have taken this opportunity and struck copies of the Dogaon's dams?

here is link

Cheers ;D

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:12:31 PM by Coinsforever »
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collector's item.

http://knowledge-numismatics.blogspot.in/